Moss Armour Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossman2142

Hello

I am making my first proper helmet

it is peped

I intend to use ABFrosts hot glue method on the inside.

here are some pics

DSC08707.jpg

DSC08708.jpg

p.s. its sitting on a chair

Not to be a prude, but the "hot glue" method does work. And works quite well at that. I have made 2 helmets using this method. It is a little harder and does burn.lol. But it works. And for the record, my very first helmet I made using this method got it into the elite showcase. Nice pep by the way.

fiberglassing is much more easy the glue takes hours to dry and fiberglass thakes roughly about an hour and its very strong. but with better results comes with a price... the stuff is toxic so use a respirator

JackSkelling10 said:
Fiberglass makes the armor A LOT stronger. You'd be surprised

well I was going to do fiberglass but I am not into the whole toxic/respirator stuff.

And I am also doing this on the cheap so I will be trying the hot glue but if the result is poor then I may consider purchasing a respirator and doing it with fiberglass.

Last edited by a moderator:
DoNut said:
wait watas a respetator? and why does u ned it if ur using fiber glass?

No idea what a respetator is, but a respirator is this awesome thing that you wear on your face that filters out toxic fumes so you can breathe safely. U does ned it for fiberglassing because you'll run the risk of developing severe health problems down the road.

READ THIS STICKY, IT'S THERE FOR A REASON: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8604

Update

made some progress on the glue front

its not as easy as resin/fiberglass but with time it may improve

DSC08735.jpg

DSC08736.jpg

not great pics but hopefully you get the idea

loki0356 said:
fiberglassing is much more easy the glue takes hours to dry and fiberglass thakes roughly about an hour and its very strong. but with better results comes with a price... the stuff is toxic so use a respirator

I think if you need a helmet to dry in 2 hours instead of like 3, then your in too much of a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back