Most Accurate Ironman Pepakura Helmet Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

a question for the veteran Ironman builders.

what would you consider to be the most accurate Ironman helmet pep?

I have started Dungbeetles helmet, and its great, but I am wondering if I am doing the most accurate version.......

feeback please, I am no stranger to pep so if there is a higher def version please feel free to steer my in the right direction.

Deadalus Thorn said:
Hey guys,

a question for the veteran Ironman builders.

what would you consider to be the most accurate Ironman helmet pep?

I have started Dungbeetles helmet, and its great, but I am wondering if I am doing the most accurate version.......

feeback please, I am no stranger to pep so if there is a higher def version please feel free to steer my in the right direction.

Your working on the right one. I think the second last version was his best but yeah Dungbettles are the ones to build, same one I build for my WIP. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finhead said:
Your working on the right one. I think the second last version was his best but yeah Dungbettles are the ones to build, same one I build for my WIP. :)

cheers man :)

I am working on this one

Ironman.jpg

Not sure what version release it is, I have all the peps he released but cant remember which was which

Deadalus Thorn said:
cheers man :)

I am working on this one

Ironman.jpg

Not sure what version release it is, I have all the peps he released but cant remember which was which

That is the one of which he speaks. I too like this one better.

Neoproks said:
That is the one of which he speaks. I too like this one better.

Sweet,

cheers guys.

well... I done the faceplate and nape(earcaps)

just have to do the main crown now.

will post some pictures once I am done.

Deadalus Thorn said:
Sweet,

cheers guys.

well... I done the faceplate and nape(earcaps)

just have to do the main crown now.

will post some pictures once I am done.

Oh and just so you know, the pieces won't all go together. You'll end up with three or four parts which take a little ingenuity to put together.

Neoproks said:
Oh and just so you know, the pieces won't all go together. You'll end up with three or four parts which take a little ingenuity to put together.

Yes correct, mine was 3 pieces I believe. Held it all together with binder clips while doing the resin and glass. :)

Finhead said:
Yes correct, mine was 3 pieces I believe. Held it all together with binder clips while doing the resin and glass. :)

Yeh :) sussed that :)

it will be 4 parts.

Face plate (done)

Main helmet chin/crown

Ear caps (done)

Nape detail (90% done)'

I did Callmemilo's one about 18 months ago, and it was similar, I just used rare earth magnets to hold makeshift tabs together.

Worked well for positioning, until I could use a more permanent method.

Least this one seems to have edge's that you can sort of join.

IroniumCostuming said:
IMHO i find dungs first helmet more comfortable to wear. his new one crushes your head and it warps

Which one is that?

Deadalus Thorn said:

it will be 4 parts.

Face plate (done)

Main helmet chin/crown

Ear caps (done)

Nape detail (90% done)'

I did Callmemilo's one about 18 months ago, and it was similar, I just used rare earth magnets to hold makeshift tabs together.

Which one is that?

the one that is split into 4 pieces

Opps typing while you were replying.

Deadalus Thorn said:

it will be 4 parts.

Face plate (done)

Main helmet chin/crown

Ear caps (done)

Nape detail (90% done)'

Which one is that?

I think he's talking about the new one he had up for a few weeks to give away. The older one (the one your working on) fits perfect and I think is the best yet, if you want to see what it looks like on for ref ( I have a 23" head) I just posted some pics in my thread. Oh and there is room to spare. :)

Finhead said:
Opps typing while you were replying.

I think he's talking about the new one he had up for a few weeks to give away. The older one (the one your working on) fits perfect and I think is the best yet, if you want to see what it looks like on for ref ( I have a 23" head) I just posted some pics in my thread. Oh and there is room to spare. :)

My head is 23" as well - you didn't scale it at all and it still fits in it's default size? I hope so...I am about a 3rd of the way into pepping mine and am nervous it isn't going to fit. Hate to think of having to pitch it if I need to upsize and redo!

Darth Veach said:
My head is 23" as well - you didn't scale it at all and it still fits in it's default size? I hope so...I am about a 3rd of the way into pepping mine and am nervous it isn't going to fit. Hate to think of having to pitch it if I need to upsize and redo!

I re-scaled mine Darth, I started the standard one and was about half way through and realized it wouldnt fit.

I increased by 10% in the scale options and it is a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back