My adventures ...Northern VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

valdeztke

Well I just DL'd all the files and programs to get this ball rolling.

I have one question in regard to the sizing/scaling. I DID read the post

Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979

Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"

Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.

My question in more in reference to my size. I'm 5' 7'' 193lbs. 33'' waist. Is the fact that I have a large chest and arms going to alter my numbers?

Thanks for the all help

Email me any advice to juan.barnett at gmail.com

ALSO ANYONE IN VA THAT HAS DONE ONE OF THESE LET ME KNOW. I"M IN NOVA AND WOULD LIKE SOME HELP ....>$$$$$

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 6'2", 250 lbs, 42" waist. I have trouble scaling as well :p The way I've figured it, and I'm probably wrong, is just to scale down everything but the chest like normal, and the chest...scale it down first, but put it together, too small, scale it up and print it out. May need to just scale the chest up itself for larger chest guys.

Sikarian said:
I'm 6'2", 250 lbs, 42" waist. I have trouble scaling as well :p The way I've figured it, and I'm probably wrong, is just to scale down everything but the chest like normal, and the chest...scale it down first, but put it together, too small, scale it up and print it out. May need to just scale the chest up itself for larger chest guys.

Wow I'd love to be 6'2''

I'm going to scale the chest down not so much... I did bid on a latex helmet on Ebay tonight. I think it would be the hardest thing to assemble. Just have to make sure once I add a visor I dont suffocate myself.

I found a latex helmet on Ebay that I've been told is rather good firm quality (I've written two guys that purchased one from the same seller). I think the helmet is going to be the most difficult portion to complete and purchasing one already done will give me a huge leg up on my deadline.

I'm going to use this thread as my own person Q&A and to document video and pictures of my progress.

This weekend I'm going to assemble the weapons as a "practice" tool for using resin.

If you have any advice, comments (that are productive), insight, or are free and in the Northern VA area - feel free to add to my post or email me. If you are willing to help I have a great LAN setup at my place with 5 large LCD monitors and premier internet. Plus a fiance that loves to grill for the guys when we are gaming. :)

I wouldnt use those helmets from ebay, they will look differnt than your finished armor, and they dont have much "masterchief" detail on them.

AoBfrost said:
I wouldnt use those helmets from ebay, they will look differnt than your finished armor, and they dont have much "masterchief" detail on them.

If I use the one off Ebay I'd be painting it in detail to match my armor. I'm going to be out with friends at bars and what not for halloween. I do plan on making a more detailed armor for show using resin/fiberglass. At this point I just think buying the helmet will save me a ton of time. I'm just trying to think how I am going to make a visor work on this without depriving myself of O2

If this fails I know a ceratin person in PA that is going to donate me a helmet starter kit after I make a donation to his artistic fund.

valdeztke said:
I attached a photo of a visor from a member's armor (I think brian?)

Anyone know which visor is used?

Still trying to figure out this scaling - I've got Mr. NASA himself helping me so keep your fingers crossed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back