My Amp Suit From Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All, I am new to these forums, But an old hand at costuming.
profile.php

I know you guys are Halo and Video game, but I hope some of you will enjoy my Amp suit. All comments are welcome, the good and the bad, I come here to learn and share. Hope the pic uploads( not very computer savvy)

I saw this on the RPF...Awsome work!
How easily Can you walk in it?

I was thinking about how to make the Exosuit from D9

d9_still_05.jpg

amp-suit-avatar-ampnavi-face-jpg-30229d1280082439.jpg

Your Next Conquest? Lol
then I stumbled upon your awsome creation...my bro is a HUGE avatar fan...he was blown away...as was I.
I gather that you used pink insulation foam?

I have the combat knife, but leverage is an issue, I can walk, but not with the fluid moment I prefer, still working on that aspect. Making a new Knife, from soft foam. As to Exosuit from d9, I love it, but the back canted legs are a real problem, I have used digigrade stilts and they are no picnic! Standing still can be a pain, and giant Robots tend to weigh a lot. Yes Jeff, pink foam and fiberglass, with an aluminum skeleton underneath.http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2579301/

I have never looked too closly at Halo costumes, I heard about the 405th on anouther forum,and I have been very impressed with the quality of costumes I have found here. When I make a costume I never have a set of plans laid out for me, except those I make myself. Am I correct in assuming, the norm here is to follow a kit or papakura file plan ? I hope I am not impleying any lack of skill or creativity...The skills of the members here speak for themselfs. I only ask because it is so diffrent from what I know.

Well, the building stage was about 400 hours+20 more in painting(hunting for that right can of spraypaint!), I am not done, since I am still working on mobility(it walks, but not with grace), also still adding llights and lasers. The combat knife I built is to strong(dangerus), so I am malking anouther one(very soft). The Suit is 10'6" tall and 6'6" wide, not sure how much it weighs, guessing 65 pounds(built for lightness). This was my first fiberglass project, so some extra time was spent learning , also my largest cosplay to date.

Hi all, just updating my project, finished rebuilding hips( improved mobilty ) and now onto torso( have to add hidden handle for helpers to be able to grab and hand up 8 feet. Awaiting delivery of UV lights ( to light up my Na'vi ) . laying out plans for box(BIG) for shipping.

This thing is epic!!! I cant believe I didnt stumble upon this sooner! Great job, and keep it up!!!!!!!!!! =D

Just a question though..... How did you fiberglass over the pink insulation foam? I thought that Polyester resin eats and chews up that stuff? =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back