My AR so far. (Pardon the cheesy rhyme.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGT Razor

Sr Member
Here's a few pics of my progress so far on my assault rifle:

P1010517-1.jpg

P1010516-1.jpg

P1010515.jpg

I'm open to any constructive critisizm and/or suggestions.

Probably. Cardboard looks too tacky... What kind of filler do you recommend? Don't have bondo and I don't know where to find it in a third-world country.

dont say that too loud the cardboard people will hunt you down....you work with you have

I am a cardboard people. Haha, it just looks tacky in the middle of all that metal... I'm sure all the cardboard people will agree with me on this one...

Grrrr....CARDBOARD GET WHAT CARDBOARD WANT! :evil: (its from the commercial)

Nah I am messing. im going to make a cardboard AR but your is shaping up to give link some compition ;-)

walmart is rapidly becoming the go to for supplies
they have one gallon gontainers of bondo body fill for $14
i just bought a vat an hour ago

you no want cardboard... you want hotpockets!!!

any way that is lookin good. for wat you got. never thought of making the center of a metal and building around it.

you inspire me you are very inspirational. thank you.

I liked making my AR from cardboard because it was lightweight, but metal would be magnetic. And Wal Mart is great for supplies, especially for cardboard. They sell HUGE shipping boxes that can put out both arm and forearm armor pieces with one box.

i have aluminum on mine...the panels, barrel and part of the hand grip......soon when i get time most of the hand grip will be mostly aluminum

MC Chris said:
Thats awesome your making your AR from Sheet metal. Aluminum?

Yep, plus some other crap I found in the garage. 'Cause that's how I roll. :Steve:

Caboose said:
:shock: Good work so far!

P.S. How did you fasten the sheet metal to the metal rectangle?

I haven't yet, but I'm thinking about soldering it.

::EDIT:: Alrighty then. I'm ready to assemble it. It's been painted and I'm just waiting for my friend to come back from the States so I can borrow his soldering iron. Project should be finished in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back