My AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

I ordered an AR kit from adam a while back, im going to start working on it this weekend. here are some pix.

gamerpics003-1.jpg

gamerpics004-2.jpg

gamerpics005-1.jpg

gamerpics006.jpg

gamerpics007.jpg

gamerpics008.jpg

gamerpics009.jpg

gamerpics010.jpg

gamerpics012.jpg

gamerpics011.jpg

it needs some work, but im up to it, progress pics sometime this weekend.

thanks adam.

-X

i plan on making it thicker by a few inches via wood blocks between the two halfs.

just to let everyone know. he only got a half a gun, but I sent him the other half (that's why it looks spotted an funny ;-)

Good luck with it.

Adam said:
just to let everyone know. he only got a half a gun, but I sent him the other half (that's why it looks spotted an funny ;-)

Good luck with it.

and its all cool :D greens my fav color anyways, Adam's kindness is the reasons i have two halfs :) so thanks again man! i owe you one!

Last edited by a moderator:
:whistle:

Looks like you could throw it together quickly for Halloween, but you may want to do more work on it later.

Nice!

yea... but i live in utah remember? like 4 people know what halo is... and 2 maybe could ID an AR... id get shot or something. i was going to bring it to school for holloween dress-up day, but they said and i quote "NO, we will suspend you perminatly for briging a squirt gun" so im like "thats dumb" ill wait to finish it off, im going to use a textureized spray paint for the black grip parts.

School + guns = bad.

Don't you have other events you would like to use this for?

Oh, and don't boo hoo about location... try growing up in Amish country. :eek:

Sean Bradley said:
School + guns = bad.

Maybe you should paint the tip "Safety Orange" to signify it is a Toy/replica. Might keep a cop from shooting you LOL.

Wombat.

Sean Bradley said:
School + guns = bad.

like i said, i live in utah... so the only real events are concerts and "conference" where the Mormon 'prophet' tells every1 what god said to him recently.

and dude Id rather live in omish country... if i say g damn in a conversation with a friend in the hallway at school, ill have like 14 or 15 people turn around and tell me not to sin...

-X

Update: ive cut all the extra plastic off the edges. it looks a lot cleaner now and much more doable. also, because i have all B's and B+'s (which is a lot higher than my normal grades) im grounded... cuz my dad's a tyrant, nothings ever good enough. so progress might not happen all that soon.

gamerpics017.jpg

gamerpics018.jpg

gamerpics019.jpg

gamerpics020.jpg

gamerpics021.jpg

so as you can see ive fixed some of the problem spots by carving them with a pocket knife, its really so much more effective than sand paper, you just have to be more careful with it,

What are the dimensions? im trying to sketch a 1/1 drawing which i will base all of my models off of. i am using centimeters because the 3 dimensions i found were based in centimeters.

i know only the hight, width, and depth.

Xavier said:
Update: ive cut all the extra plastic off the edges. it looks a lot cleaner now and much more doable. also, because i have all B's and B+'s (which is a lot higher than my normal grades) im grounded... cuz my dad's a tyrant, nothings ever good enough. so progress might not happen all that soon.

gamerpics017.jpg

gamerpics018.jpg

gamerpics019.jpg

gamerpics020.jpg

gamerpics021.jpg

so as you can see ive fixed some of the problem spots by carving them with a pocket knife, its really so much more effective than sand paper, you just have to be more careful with it,

Man that's awsome, i wish i could get my hands on one of adam's kits... But i don't think he even ships them to Australia :cautious:

SPaRtaN-1I7 said:
Man that's awsome, i wish i could get my hands on one of adam's kits... But i don't think he even ships them to Australia :cautious:

I know what you mean mate, I don't think it's even worth making one myself. Since I can't take it anywhere. Our gun laws totally bites.

Example; It's cheaper and easier to get a real semi-automatic pistol than a BB one. I can buy a Bayonet from the US and...maybe stab someone with it and may or may not result in death, but I can't buy anything that resembles a projectile weapon..... :cautious:

Spartan-K22 reporting in, sir.

great job on the base of the AR

i am trying to decide whether to buy an AR or a BR

or to make one! probably. whats better anyways? AR or BR?

plz reply

Spartan-K22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back