My Armor (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we all have to start some where. Im going to start with paperkura, because well paper is easy to work with to make a base and what not. i havent even begun making mine yet cause im in vietnam, but since its cheap here i can get some small materials (thats all im doing right now is just gathering materials).

I thought about doing this project because my school mascot is a Spartan. Well good luck with your helmet, and you came to the right palce for help, we have people like Link, Sean, Adam, Red and many others with experiance who can help you. :mrgreen:

get a palm orbital sander and just go at the helmet. its actually good that you painted a coat of paint on it, since when you sand, all the low spots will stay painted, and show you where to go with a coat of bondo.

basically you have your structure and the bulk of it done in fiberglass, now after a good sanding to get the high spots off, just smooth bondo over it, and cheese grate it into shape. you can buy a special cheese grater wherever body filler is sold. remember to grate it in a criss cross pattern, and then go back and sand in a criss cross pattern. itlls come out a lot better if you do that.

for corners and edges, use sandpaper on a sanding block, preferably one made of rubber. it will allow you to get even sanding pressure, as opposed to using your fingers which will only apply pressure from the pads of your fingers and not the space between them.

keep it up, its a lot like custom body work on a car.

Is that supposed to be the regular helemt?

Looks different without the visor. Looks kinda cool.

Keep it up. Don't get mad 'cause it looks like a rhino sneezed on it! ;-)

lmao.
:mrgreen:

Well, my dad and I are sanding it Tues. Cause Sunday I'm going to the beach and Mon I gotta go to Florida to visit my future college.

So I'll prolly have new updates by Tues,

i'm trying, but the beach calls and Florida calls monday.
i might bug you while i'm there, just kidding.

link4044 said:
well come visit me at universal :mrgreen:

You know that wouldn't be such a bad i dea, if ya'll met up. Link could maybe help give you some pointer in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarge Christi said:
I'm not in AZ, I'm in Georgia. It's hot. Hot hot hot.
ITS HOT and WOOO RAAHHHH
AZ-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
your right sean, just because you and link know so much about sculptures, electronics, etc. doesnt make you old, you are jsut experianced.

BUM BUM BUUUMMM....

I (and my dad) have hit a HUGE speed bump.
Major speed bump.
The helmet's not smooth... and we sanded it.
*duh!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back