my armor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
United Nations Space Command Priority Transmission 09872H-98

Encryption Code: Red

Public Key: NO FILE: SEE CLASIFICATION

To: All UNSC Ships

Subject: OPERATION MJOLNIR

Classification:EYES ONLY TOP SECRET (SECTION III X-RAY DIRECTIVE)

/file extraction-reconstitution complete/

/start file/

... ok so part of my armor this was going to be the sticky upy part of the upper arm untill it broke

IMG_0476.jpg

and here is a pic of the damage.

IMG_0477.jpg

this armor is made out of something called Acrylic plastic. thermoplastic blah blah blah

the reason i am not using polystyrene is because i live in juneau (look it up on google) and juneau doesnt make plastic.

/end file/

/scramble-destruction process enabled/[/img]

United Nations Space Command Priority Transmission 09872H-98

/start file/

BloodyShadow13 said:
this was going to be the sticky upy part of the upper arm untill it broke

sry about the crappy pic heres a better one

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

/end file/

/scramble-destruction process enabled/

Last edited by a moderator:

Subject: OPERATION MJOLNIR MK II

/start file/

Update:

i am officially going to make all of my armor out of sheet aluminum. thickness unknown.

if anyone has any hints please post them here.

the reason for the material change is that the acrylic plastic doesn't hold heat worth crap therefore large pieces (like the arm base) are not possible to make. also my dad knows how to bend aluminum sheet.

/end file/

Hmm, metal is going to be hard to detail, heavy too. If I was with you i would go with sheet styrene instead, very easy to detail and mold, cheaper to and alot lighter. But good luck.

/start file/

Alkal1ne said:
Hmm, metal is going to be hard to detail, heavy too.

shoulden't be harder to detail then 1/16" thick acrylic plastic, if i want a ding i hit it with a ball-peen hammer. if i want a bullet hole then well you know.:gun5:

Alkal1ne said:
If I was with you i would go with sheet styrene instead, very easy to detail and mold

you do realize that i live in Juneau right? there is no one in Juneau who makes plastic and there are no roads in or out of Juneau.:evil:

Alkal1ne said:
cheaper to and alot lighter.

probably true, but as was originally posted by Adam i believe "the master chief doesn't wear plastic armor." also i am used to weight. being a goth NOT AN EMO IF YOU CALL ME AN EMO I WILL RIP OUT YOUR INTERNAL ORGANS AND FEED THEM TO YOU! EMO IS A BAD IMITATION OF GOTH. AN EMO IS A GOTH WITH NO REDEEMING GRACES.

anyway being a goth i usualy wear about 20 lbs of maille (you might know it as chainmail, but mail is the correct term).

me

maille_edited.jpg

note that nothing in the photo was faked.(except the face) this shirt weighs about 10 lbs however i dont wear it that often. most of the time i wear a belt weighing about lbs, the watch and a wallet chain

/end file/

Last edited by a moderator:
guys, lets not get into a debate or rant. please stay on topic. if you have a problem with someone keep it to yourself or talk it out through PMs. Thanks.

Well, mail isn't heavy. If its butted it is, if its riveted, its 10x less. I also like medieval fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back