Props My Cardboard Battle Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

centerside

Alright, time for more weapons, if any one of you remember my old AR last year, well I'm going to make another AR, but firsty, a Battle Rifle. After I complete this, I'll start with my AR, but before the new AR, my armor first (check my armor thread on the Pepakura & Cardboard forums)

This BR will be built similar to that of my old AR (pics below) here's some progress pics :D

Tri3.jpg

Nice work, looks pretty thin to me- but otherwise good job so far!

P.S.- If you want me to make a Display for it, just tell me the dimensions and I'll do my best! ;)

Nice build bud.

The BR looks more Halo 2ish than Halo 3.

Anyway keep working it looks nice and smooth.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Thanks for the Comments :D

Now that you mention it, it does look too thin... hmmm...., but the whole thing is glued together already?? Oh man hehe

Mustang, I'd really appreciate the help, I'll give dimmensions as soon as I fix the thickness problem, I laready have a solution in my head, and after the thick packaging cardboard base is done, I'll cover it up with some black illustration board, with that I'll make the details to be seen more, so it'll look like a Halo 3 Battle Rifle (or possible a cross from Halo 2 and 3 lol hehe)

P.S. It's 1 am here, and pluse I don't have much cardboard left, and ATM no illustration board so, I'll updae tomorrow when I fix up the thickness issue :D

Hmm, been busy with other hobbies of mine lately, but I finished most of the Battle rifle in the past two days, here's what I got.... :D

@Mustang, the dimensions are..... H=3.5 cm L=3.25 cm, but You don't have to do it you know hehe :D

TriBatlle1.jpg

TriBattle2.jpg

@Pooper, for the scope, I think I'll buy one of the proper size :D hehe

@Viper, THe whole Rifle will be sealled up by the illustration board (which I'll do sometime in a few days, then resin it a few coats) Then I paint it, hopefully it will look like more of a Halo 3 Battle Rifle.

P.S. I really made a big mistake with the cardboard base. You know the two fins on on top of the gun, on which the scope rest? right it's suppose to be bending inwards? well I got that part wrong XD.... also they the two fins should be thin, but mine was thick... it's too late to fix it now though, the body is solid already.... *sigh*

@Pooper, for the scope, I think I'll buy one of the proper size :D hehe

@Viper, THe whole Rifle will be sealled up by the illustration board (which I'll do sometime in a few days, then resin it a few coats) Then I paint it, hopefully it will look like more of a Halo 3 Battle Rifle.

P.S. I really made a big mistake with the cardboard base. You know the two fins on on top of the gun, on which the scope rest? right it's suppose to be bending inwards? well I got that part wrong XD.... also they the two fins should be thin, but mine was thick... it's too late to fix it now though, the body is solid already.... *sigh*

centerside said:

Those were the two thing I was worries about. That's why I told you that you needed to look at some reference pictures. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
nynjamasta said:
looking good. Who made the battle rifle above it?

You mean the Assult Rifle? I made it, but the core of it was a plank of wood, not cardboard and foam which I used for the Battle Rifle I'm building now

How does this thing feel weight wise? (Light, just right, heavy, etc.)

It looks to be very promising along with that beautiful armor you're building! :lol:

protonguy said:
How does this thing feel weight wise? (Light, just right, heavy, etc.)

It looks to be very promising along with that beautiful armor you're building! :lol:

Thanks proton guy :D really appreciate the comments

The rifle weighs just right. Light enough to carry around all day (just an examlple hehe) but still weighs a bit so that it's sturdy and rigid :D

NOTICE: Guys, I ' postponing this build for 2-3 days, imma work on my armor first hehe :D here's a link if you guys want to see My Armor Thread

It's coming along really well! I actually completed bevbor's pepakura version of the battle rifle and by the end of it, I just wanted to cut my hands off. I think you made a good choice by using the sliced concept to build this. Hope your plans for a scope and such go just as smoothly!

jareyes said:
It's coming along really well! I actually completed bevbor's pepakura version of the battle rifle and by the end of it, I just wanted to cut my hands off. I think you made a good choice by using the sliced concept to build this. Hope your plans for a scope and such go just as smoothly!

Thanks Jareyes :D ,good luck with your build of the battle Rifle, atm, I'm trying to find some hardware I used for the AR you see in some pics here, though I can't find anywhere, not even in the store I bought it from... as for the scope, I'll get the closest design i can find hehe

Well, here's the display I came up with. If you have a better font for the numbers, or have found one and would like it better, by all means tell me and I will do it.
BR_Display-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back