My Cqb Armor Progress.... Updated 5-7-10 In First Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I may have set a record for the time from completing my helmet to actually working on the armor. It's only been almost 2 years!!!!

Anyway, here's the helmet to remind everyone what I was doing.

CQB23.jpg

CQB24.jpg

And here's where I am on the armor: Hope you like it.

UPDATE 5-7-10!

Finished the CQB Chest perm.... and Abs. Haven't done the knife yet as I hate the one from in-game. Will find something better.

Moving on to finish up the regular chest and back next.... stay tuned!

CQBChest11.jpg

Abs04.jpg

UPDATE 4-30-10!

Well, a bunch of detail has been added and after another coat of primer and a little more sanding I should be ready for paint this evening.

Please ignore the base color of the tube thing. I just noticed in the screen caps I have that the big tube on the bottom and the smaller tubes on the chest have a bronze tint to them, the majority of that color will be covered up.

CQBChest08.jpg

And here is where it is right now. Details all done. I know the "welds" I added to the tubes on the chest look a little obvious right now, but they will be sanded a bit more to dull them down.

CQBChest09.jpg

First the chest being carefully inspected with laser beam eyes by Master Chief Twitch.

PICT0001.jpg

And some progress on adding details.

PICT0013.jpg

And the CQB chest, not using the pep details on the bottom... adding those as real hardware.

PICT0006.jpg

And finally the ab plate almost ready for paint. I like to get some small pieces done while doing something big so it feels like I'm making progess.

PICT0005.jpg

I have other things in various states of progress, but I'll wait until I'm actually working on them to post. I'll update periodically.

Your cat is charging his splazer! :lol

Very nice helmet! Although I'm not a fan of the colors (my school's rival's colors), it looks fantastic! Also your chest plate looks very neat.

Are those forearms I see in the background?

Cheers!

Amazing job on the helmet... If you manage to pull off that detail on the rest of the build, this will truly be beyond epic...

killjoyahhhh said:
This kinda looks like some ones helmet on the fourms. It looks great KEEP UP THE Work

Yeah, it's probably my thread from quite a while ago in the elite section.

The visor is two HJC motorcycle visors.. I think it was a HJ-11.

Last edited by a moderator:
O_O!A W E S O M E !!!

so im a new guy!i wanna make a cqb mjolnir mkVI too.

can you give me a list of witch peps you used?

also how did you make that helmet so awesome?i wanna know!i wanna make mine so awesome!you have any tutorial?

anyway please tell me witch peps you used.

also whats that pink thing?please tell me!it looks really smoothy and cuddly.is it bondo?oh by the way does anyone know how the substances are called cause here in greece we dont have walmarts or bondos?

Gixxer said:
what is the thing u used to add the details with ?

Gixxer, its just a thick art board. Like really dense cardboard almost. Easy to cut and takes resin well.

Everyone else, thanks for the positive comments. There's a lot of detail progress shots on the helmet in the elite section thread, it's on page two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back