My Eod Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're work is very good, Keep it up :D
Does the shoulder fit the other part? It looked a bit tight but that just might be the camera angle.
And what's that monkey thing called? My sister would love one of those :)

VladtheRussian said:
You're work is very good, Keep it up :D
Does the shoulder fit the other part? It looked a bit tight but that just might be the camera angle.
And what's that monkey thing called? My sister would love one of those :)

I think the shoulder will fit the other part pretty well. I put them on together to see how it would fit/look and it should be fine. Either way though, nothing a little bondo can't fix :D

--And the monkey thing, I'm not really sure what it was, I believe it was a towel for kids that had a hood and little... erm... handles? It was at Kohls if that helps at all. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are hararious :lol: love the car pic and the Monkey...thing. Nice to see people injecting humor in their threads, keep it up! :D

1ManBattalion said:
You guys are hararious :lol: love the car pic and the Monkey...thing. Nice to see people injecting humor in their threads, keep it up! :D

haha, thank you very much. I certainly try and enjoy myself while I'm out and about. When I'm completely finished I will wreak some havoc upon my neighborhood lol. it will be tons of fun.

also- random updates :p

1227081230.jpg

1227081229a.jpg

1227081229.jpg

1227081656.jpg

enjoy~

that one shoulder looks amazing - esp. if its done by someone who has never papercrafted before.

XD

looks good and everything, but do you really need a poll to figure out what to do next?

link4044 said:
looks good and everything, but do you really need a poll to figure out what to do next?

not really- I just already have everything printed, was wondering what people wanted to see next.

That EOD is looking brilliant! I have a feeling that its gonna turn out very nice indeeeeed!
There's some really clean folds there, it looks like you've done this a million times before.
As for what to do next - whatever you feel like! If you've been doing some hard pep work with the tiny folds, it might be nice to do something a little easier as a break!
Anyway's, really good work! Have a cookie.

ChocolateChipCookie.jpg

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
That EOD is looking brilliant! I have a feeling that its gonna turn out very nice indeeeeed!
There's some really clean folds there, it looks like you've done this a million times before.
As for what to do next - whatever you feel like! If you've been doing some hard pep work with the tiny folds, it might be nice to do something a little easier as a break!
Anyway's, really good work! Have a cookie.

Haha, thank you very much for the kind words. I'm hoping this will turn out well. :D I've not done it a million times, but I'm Definitely not new to Pepakura. Been doing it for years. Lots of fun little projects. I'm currently building the left shoulder brace and I'll finish the other EOD shoulder some other time haha.
but thanks! (especially for the cookie)

baconmaster6969 said:
Haha, thank you very much for the kind words. I'm hoping this will turn out well. :D I've not done it a million times, but I'm Definitely not new to Pepakura. Been doing it for years. Lots of fun little projects. I'm currently building the left shoulder brace and I'll finish the other EOD shoulder some other time haha.
but thanks! (especially for the cookie)

You're welcome! I'm pretty sure it will turn out great!

I epic failed the other day, and as far as I'm concerned all the way until now. While glassing the outside I found that i missed a spot...
1228081032.jpg

how I missed such a large area (during and after the glassing process) is beyond me... anyway, nothing that can't be fixed with another layer :p

1228081029.jpg

and a few pics of the fiberglass layed down. it's okay to just glue it in-- right?

1228081508.jpg

1228081507.jpg

1227082130a.jpg

you can glue it in just put fiber glass resin over it, other wise it's just as hard as the resin on the out side

rvb18 said:
you can glue it in just put fiber glass resin over it, other wise it's just as hard as the resin on the out side
Thank you, I knew i had to resin over it, but I wasn't 100% on whether or not i could glue it in.

Nice work man. I really don't understand why you wanted to glue it in when you know you can just resin it in.. you confuzzle me sometimes. Anyways, still doing a great job there bud! (y)

I have a couple of updates to post, but unfortunately my photobucket won't do anything but eat my uploads. I'm going to try once or twice more, and if it doesnt work, I'll just wait until after I go out and eat tonight.
Here's the one picture that managed to upload though :p

1231081510.jpg

more to come! enjoy~

I have finally got my pictures to upload. I'm not really sure why it gave me so much trouble. But anyway, Here's where I stand right now...

0101091438.jpg

0101091438a.jpg

0101091439.jpg

0101091439a.jpg

0101091439b.jpg

0101091439c.jpg

some spots looks okay, some are very rough <<; I've done a little sanding since then, much much more to go. then after some bondo and detailing I'll be ready for paint :D

oh and I already found what i'm using as a visor....? :p

enjoy!

Looking good so far. EOD helmets, in my opinion, look like a baboon, because the face squishes in at the middle. What color are you going to paint it?

Bigalt424 said:
Looking good so far. EOD helmets, in my opinion, look like a baboon, because the face squishes in at the middle. What color are you going to paint it?

now that you mention it... it kind of does look like a baboon... anyway--
I'm going to paint it blue and orange, like in my signature :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back