my first attempt on spartan armor and assault rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am going to try to make my character on xbl (the flying ninja) with a supply of cardboard, copy paper, styrofoam, and glue. can anyone give me advise?

I made my AR out of styrofoam AND OH MY GOD IT WAS HARD. Yes it is a faster way to make it but its tougher. You have to do a lot of sanding to get the edges curved and lots of cutting. And when it comes to paint it wont look good. The paint will just roll off or not stay on just like water on plastic. Make sure you get specialized styrofoam paint.

Good Luck

I used a knife (like in a kitchen) and it took me at least an hour to cut the thing out. And the edges will look like crap on the AR if you dont spend every waking minute on sanding it.

sorry cant really help you witht the armor i bought mine, cause im not exactly skilled hwen it comes to armor, i am now making my own weapons with clay and fiber galass though. I reccomend for the armor either buying it (if you can spare 2k or more) or pm adam. He has helped ma alot and he can help you.

Best thing to do first is get a visual idea of what one of the spartans looks like (I perfer you buy one of the 6 1/2 inch joyridestudio's figures) to see which areas your making. Then get a pocket knife (or something better for cutting wood) and carve into the wood the way you want the armor to be. That will start off the mold.

te Flying Ninja said:
i dont need to, grunt, all i have to do is go to halo 2 multiplayer and look at it

You don't need the action figure or you don't need the mold? Because you DO need the mold.lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a thread on there a few nights ago with a TON of 3D images of the Spartan from DOA, not sure if its still around or not but it was a great resource the guy even took the arms and legs off so you could see what the armor looked like from every angle

if you cant find it PM me and I will email the pics to you if you like

if you have money i suggest buying a nref nstrike long shot you wont be able to sott but you can do waht i did, i made thi ar in under 2 days with hot glue and pepsi cans and cardboard from a 12 pack of pepsi. its gonna be pplastered soon and ill ad the maglite when im done. its coming along swell. here is the pic.

DSC00867.jpg

UNSC-001 said:
if you have money i suggest buying a nref nstrike long shot you wont be able to sott but you can do waht i did, i made thi ar in under 2 days with hot glue and pepsi cans and cardboard from a 12 pack of pepsi. its gonna be pplastered soon and ill ad the maglite when im done. its coming along swell. here is the pic.

DSC00867.jpg

no way, i got the same comfoter as you...

I am surprised that people don't try to use sheets of syntra or abs when they do their pep suits. It is an inexpensive alternative. I can get a sheet of syntra for $25 and it is going to look a lot more like armor then the cardboard or card stock. Go to any sign shop and ask to order a sheet or two on the next pallet.

crazybunny said:
no way, i got the same comfoter as you...

that comforter is prettyawesome lol, im not surprised.
today im finishing my assualt rifle and it isnt costing me a penny, so i guess some peopple are wrong when they say it gonna cost some money. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back