My first build, Halo Reach EOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuffinstuff

I'm going to be building my Halo: Reach spartan with foam.

My spartan:
Screenshot 2022-08-02 233130.png

I'm currently modelling the chest piece in Blender for Pepakura.
Here's what I have finished so far:

Screenshot 2022-08-02 235131.png
Screenshot 2022-08-02 235104.png

Any tips would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Hi stuffinstuff ! You're pretty good at 3D modelling armour. Though have you taken a look in the Armory to see if there's any foam files there that work for you? As awesome as it is to make a build from scratch, the resources in the Armory may help you save some time.

Hi stuffinstuff ! You're pretty good at 3D modelling armour. Though have you taken a look in the Armory to see if there's any foam files there that work for you? As awesome as it is to make a build from scratch, the resources in the Armory may help you save some time.
I am planning to use most of the armoury files, but I found that the grenadier chest piece's back didn't have any details (probably because it would be covered by Jorge's backpack) so I made my own

I've finished my model and imported it into pepakura, but it has lots of red lines, so I was wondering if there is a way to make the model watertight automatically? In blender or any other programs.

?hash=08f476c29ab6ef23500a292622a3bfe8.png

I'm new to modelling for pepakura, so any help would be great.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-05 143934.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-05 143934.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 100
I assume they mean manifold? Blender has the ability to do so, but 3D Builder on Windows may be able to do it automatically.

I've finished the model. Now I need to unfold it. I would love to see anyone here use this model for their cosplay, but unfortunately I don't have a registration to pepakura, so if anyone wants to unfold it themselves, that's up to you. It might be a bit messy as I'm somewhat new to modelling and its my first time modelling for pepakura. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• grenadierchest.stl
    249.3 KB · Views: 135
I finished my gauntlets and glove armour. It took a long while to finish because I was busy this month and didn't have much time to work on them. Im going to add the screws and other details when i have the right size foam. I used quik seal on one of them but some of it is cracking. Is there anything specific I need to do to fix this or do I just add another layer?

20220901_165128.jpg
20220901_165248.jpg
20220901_165056.jpg
20220901_165115.jpg

How much of a gap are you trying to fill with the kwik seal? Depending on the overall width the caulk may not hold up too well

How much of a gap are you trying to fill with the kwik seal? Depending on the overall width the caulk may not hold up too well
The gaps of the cracks I found were very small. I think they cracked because the foam pieces were not glued on properly, so they shifted while the caulk was drying. Either that or The foam pieces got bent a little while the caulk was drying. I can't post any pictures as my camera can't focus in enough to see the cracks.

I finished my gauntlets and glove armour. It took a long while to finish because I was busy this month and didn't have much time to work on them. Im going to add the screws and other details when i have the right size foam. I used quik seal on one of them but some of it is cracking. Is there anything specific I need to do to fix this or do I just add another layer?

.View attachment 322759View attachment 322760View attachment 322757View attachment 322758
More updates please! This is coming along great!

I will be following this closely! Love to see my EOD spartans in action on the field! Great work so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back