My first Foam Halo: Reach build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaledalt

Hey guys, Whaledalt here.
So about a month ago I heard about this cool stuff called EVA foam and thought i'd take a look. Then being the Halo fan I am looked into Halo armor and found out that there was a HUGE community of costumers dedicated to Halo cosplay which was pretty cool. So i've been watching plenty of spacemeat videos and started my armor tonight. Im 13 and have never worked with foam before so constructive criticism would be very much appreciated :)
DSC00948.JPGDSC00949.JPGDSC00950.JPG

WOW!! your only 13!!!! your about the same age as me and you blew my reach build right out of the water and yours isn't even finished!!!
Holy cow mate, keep up the AMAZING work!!!

You did that in one night? That's looking really good. And thanks for the tip about the spacemeat videos I'll have to check them out. I'm just starting my first Mark VI so I'm trying to digest every bit of info I can find.

UPDATE:
So Ive only worked on the armor for another 2-3 hours but i plan to do some more today. I finished up the arm loops and now need to do the rubbery loop that holds the arm. I plan to finish the back of the chestplate today and maybe get to spackle by next weekend
DSC00951.jpgDSC00952.jpgDSC00953.jpgDSC00954.jpgDSC00955.jpg

Looks good you'll have it completed in time at this rate great work

Quick question. Ive finished the chestplate and plan to fill in cracks this weekend. Is there a certain filler that you all prefer? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back