My First Helm.. question? Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

calladar

this is my first helmet. be gentle. still trying to figure out the best way to do some of this. helmet. almost done and painted and i put in the visor but didn't like how i did it.. tried epoxy on my sons helmet and didn't like that. so i tried the hot glue suggestion and didn't like that either. is there another (better) way?

Here is where i am at on the helmet.. first is pre-paint then paint and lights. be gentle first attempt. was thinking of white tiger stripes on the paint. any ideas?

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy53/calladar/My Halo Build/helmet.jpg

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy53/calladar/My Halo Build/DSCN1510.jpg

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy53/calladar/My Halo Build/DSCN1511.jpg

Looks great, I pictured it with white tiger stripes and it looks AWESOME
Hope mine turns out as well as this one :p

well for the hotglue method, i think you just put it a little close to the opening of the helmet so you can see the glue. try applying the glue in a more hidden spot.

yea i realized that after it was too late.. figure anyone gets too close and makes a comment i'll just pop em one..

Instead of hot glue or epoxy, what I always do with a helmet is I mix up about 4-6 ounces of resin mix in the hardener then slush it around in the helmet then pour out any excess. The helmet looks great so far.

Hehe, "does not play well with others."
And damn did those tiger stripes come out well! Great paintjob!

holy crap man !! that is a SICK helmet ! i love how the tiger stripes look and the caution on the back is just hilarious ! great job on the helmet... and if you are not pulling on our legs about it being your first, i'm totally blown away and floored. great job ^_^

there are alot of mistakes on the helmet.. it isn't quite straight and there are some parts i just gave up on getting smooth... the tiger stripes ended up breaking up the paint and caused an optical illusion where you can hardly see the screw ups. was really surprised.

if you look i have only been a member for about a month and that is how long i gave been working on this one thing. working on chest piece now.. learned alot with hte helmet. also got a craft robo.. this thing rocks.. makes constuction alot quicker

ok got the chest peped and rhondo'd that sucked.. got alot of screw ups. going to be alot of bondo and sanding

how make you the tiger stripes so sharp?
what kind of template method did you use?

as mentioned before i had purchased a craft robo. i used the craft robo software, which rocks, and found a tiger tripe pic off the internet and pulled it into the software and was able to use the software to quickly find the outline, pick which color and the software finds the outline for you, and then used that as a templet and cut the teplate on vinyl sticker sheets and then stuck the vinyl to the helmet and tape and tape and tape. paint and peel. took alot of time due to the paterns not being complete and only partial so i had to do alot of the stipes by hand with an exaxto knife. once the template was made i cut the different stripe patterns out and began placing them on the helmet trying to make them match and flow well together. took about 7 hours of taping and sticking. i then removed the tape and vinyl and clearcoated it. that is why the words on the back were a little crooked. still learning how to work with the vinyl sticker stuff.

the vinyl was gotten at a local vinyl sign shop and the lettering was done there. i screwed up when cutting the vinyl to put the pattern on the helmet which is why the letters were a little crooked. the vinyl cost me about 10 bucks for a 3 foot by 6 foot sheet. used about 2 sheets of paper worth for the helmet. tried to get enough to be able to do all the armor but going to have to go back i think. took alot more that i thought to do the helmet and i know it will take a ton to do the chest piece. trying to be done by halloween.. Don't know if i am going to make it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back