My first topic, and my first armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerGrinch

Well, Hello there.
I'm from Spain, (Murcia) and this it's my first try to make my armor, (And I hope it's not the last in the future).
And to star this post, Sorry for my bad english.

Well, my first try gonna be make the Halo Armor MK.V ( Halo 4 - MJOLNIR GEN2 - Mark V ).

This project will start this June, to finish with time and patience, but I'm not sure if use FiberGlass or Foam, because I don't know which it's more resistant and hard.

I know there are a lot of tutorials of that in this forum, what's more, I'm still seeing the ones that there are and especially the videos that can be accessed from youtube, but this next week, I'll start uploading the project.

Thanks for read me, and again, sorry for my english.

PD: Thanks Google traslate.

FiberGlass or Foam, because I don't know which it's more resistant and hard.

This is the question that makes costuming difficult. Both are strong and resistant in their own ways. Foam is flexible and you can beat it up, throw it around and generally not worry about it breaking. Fibreglass is hard and if treated right will last forever and has the bonus of looking and feeling like armour.

The best way to decide between the two processes is to look at what skills you have now and match up with what looks like the best fit for you. Your living situation might also play a factor. If you live in a small apartment, a fibreglass pepakura suit might not be the best choice since it uses a bunch of chemicals that have very bad fumes will be difficult to clear.

Also, don't worry too much about your English, it's very clear and easy to read. If you have any questions from your research of tutorials you should post them here or on the thread you're curious about, the 405th is very welcoming and there are many people with years of experience for building costumes like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back