My halo 4 DMR build (probably pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightfire166

So i started making the halo 4 dmr today, after about 8 or 9 hours of work this is the result. I'm using insulation foam like AndrewDFT on youtube but instead of carving into a piece of 2" foam I started out with 1/2 inch foam and added layers. this makes the crisp, clean edges of each layer easier and faster to make. Now all that is left is the scope, trigger, trigger guard, and barrel then off to paint! I'm ALWAYS open to suggestions and positive criticism :)

IMG_0125.JPGIMG_0126.JPGIMG_0127.JPGIMG_0128.JPGIMG_0130.JPG

I am loving it. You've done a great job! I plan on building one for the suit as well. All edges look pretty slick, there are a few I noticed that were a tad rough. Not sure if you are looking for that look! But to toss out there to give it almost a metal smooth id say hit some areas with a dry/wet sand to smooth it out. I start with a 220 or 400- to 600/1000 depending if there are edges or not. But hell man it looks amazing!

thanks! I'm gonna fix those rough spots with drywall spackle, I did it on my locus helmet and it seemed to turn out well, Would you happen to know if plasti dip in a rattle can will eat foam like spray paint will? because I'm afraid if i just seal it with wood glue like I usually do it will fill the indents i made on the foregrip and the x's in the screws

ooffttt, the DMR is one sexy gun and you really show it here, however I think you may have made the same mistake as I did, and accidentally miss out the Ammo Counter D:

Awesome looking so far tho man, can't wait for the finished product :D

I use plasti dip in my foam well EVA Foam and it doesn't eat it away. Just be careful many layers of soft passes it runs super easy so don't over do it! Always always always test it first. I know foamies and EVA won't get eaten if you have any other types try it. But it's virtually a rubber coating. Let me know how it turns out! And I always prefer black plasti dip, it lets me see better imo

First coat of paint is on! The details really stand out a lot better now, don't worry everyone the flash hider, ammo counter, and scope are going to be made separately i didn't forget :) The paint is still wet so I didn't flip it over for more pics.
IMG_0135.JPG IMG_0136.JPGIMG_0137.JPGIMG_0138.JPGIMG_0139.JPGIMG_0140.JPG

That is one sexy piece of equipment!!!!! Fantastic detailing. It looks like it came off an assembly line and ready for service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back