My helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan857

this is me wearing my mark V helm. as you can see WAY TO FRIGGIN BIG

med_gallery_3722_105_98438.jpg

my uncles (spartan161) helm, just a hair too small for him to wear

med_gallery_3722_105_44630.jpg

post any comments..............and dont mind the cast, i litterally crushed a joint in my hand when i had too much to drink :unsure:

well, my uncle did the scaling and started making it, he realized it was to big and i figured wat the heck and finished it. we have 2 scaled down versions, on the second pic above, on the right is his helm, its a bit small. so we have 2 more ideas we believe are the right ones.

i thought they were the mark V, but ive been wrong before

I had to do some trial and error with scaling too. All part of the fun

Good solid work (seems like you built them quickly too)!

Vexona said:
I had to do some trial and error with scaling too. All part of the fun

Good solid work (seems like you built them quickly too)!

yea, the big one i did kinda fast, the smaller one my uncle did pretty fast but way better then i did.
if a joint in my hand wasnt crushed i would probably do better

Last edited by a moderator:
Scaling problems, ya its my fault, not the cast thank god lol. Good thing I have a photocopy machine at work. Heal faster we got more armor to do!

where did you get the info on how to make it with paper? or did you do it yourselves? and are you gonna leave them just paper or u gonna put some resin or something on?

death said:
where did you get the info on how to make it with paper? or did you do it yourselves? and are you gonna leave them just paper or u gonna put some resin or something on?

ok first off look for Pepakura on the boards. Specifically look for the "Tutorial : How to use Pepakura to make your Mjolnir armor" That post will answer all your questions plus it has links to download all the Pepakura files.

Plus look around at all the other Pepakura posts such as

"Official Pepakura scaling thread"

"Tutorial : How to make good folds for Pepakura armor"

"Pepakura Fiberglass and smoothing Tutorial"

"Resining & Fiber glassing Tutorial/how to"

"Tutorial: Using bondo for detailing"

These posts are all pinned and VERY useful I highly recommend them. They will get you started on the right track. Plus this is paper glued to card stock. Take a peek at my gallery on my profile and you will see a few pics.Hope this helps you out.

yea, we have 3 sizes all figured out. me and my uncle have a small mediu,m and large sizes so far, iam gunna put the large one together and hopefully it will fit

Seeing a paper machet helm will be interesting. I've heard talk of people using it, but i haven't actually seen anyone do it. Can't wait for more!

Spartan857 said:
yea, the big one i did kinda fast, the smaller one my uncle did pretty fast but way better then i did.
if a joint in my hand wasnt crushed i would probably do better

Hahaha, I feel so stupid. I just got off XBL, so my mind is a little off. I thought you meant a marijuana joint... then I looked at the pictures again and saw the cast on your hand... Just thought you might wanna laugh at my expense.

Friendly said:
Hahaha, I feel so stupid. I just got off XBL, so my mind is a little off. I thought you meant a marijuana joint... then I looked at the pictures again and saw the cast on your hand... Just thought you might wanna laugh at my expense.

HAHAHAHAHa. yea thats a good one man, at the time i was puttin it togethor with the black cast on i was takin vicodan (dont know how to spell it) for the ungodly pain i was in. anyways.

i mached it alittle more, when i get the rest of it on i'll post some more pics

here i used some vinyl spackeling for filling some holes in the helm, paper mache sucks for holes.

I have spray painted it after the spackeling dried and gave it 2 more coats of paint, its done except for the face plate. gunna use som "metalz" gold paint on that and i'll post it tommorow.

i deleted my old post with the pic of the helm covered in mache. everyone hopefully knows wat mache looks like so blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back