My marine armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmitri Molotov

Hello.
I'm going to be making a suit of UNSC marine armor for Halloween, out of cardboard (I would've posted this in the creation section but theres that rule...).
So far I've made a prototype of the helmet, made out of cardboard and tape stuck on a replica PAGST helmet. (I'll have pics up soon). It's pretty rough right now, but we're planning on smoothing it out with water putty.
I'm also going to be building an SRS-99D sniper rifle out of a G36 airsoft gun, which I hope will be functional because that would own like nothing before.
Oh yeah, and it needs to be done by October 31st.

Which Halo marine version are you making? If you look in the gallery, I had made a halo 1 set for Sept. 25th out of pepakura. I'm modifying it now to make it better. I also may be putting together a vacu-forming table to make a bunch of sets of marine armor to sell, but that wouldn't be before Halloween.

note to new guys..... normally these types of threads would be closed? Why? People announce what their going to be doing, but without pics, generally people dont care.

this is because normally nothing ever gets created. Just FYI. Get used to posting threads with pictures when you're announcing what you'll be making.

Adam said:
note to new guys..... normally these types of threads would be closed? Why? People announce what their going to be doing, but without pics, generally people dont care.

this is because normally nothing ever gets created. Just FYI. Get used to posting threads with pictures when you're announcing what you'll be making.
Adam, you're such a good mentor. You're like Yoda, training the costuming padawans until they learn the art of costuming and become costume masters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam said:

Well how are people supposed to post any pictures when they aren't even allowed to post in those sections such as the pepakura section??? I can't even post some of the pictures of my carboard assault rifle right now. Could i please have an explanation???

Last edited by a moderator:
just another quick note, im not entirely sure on what the law states, but if you take an airsoft gun out in public, even if it looks like a halo sniper rifle, the police and general public may mistake it for a real firearm, might be an idea to check with the police first! just a thought :)
and good luck with the armour, im making the halo 3 odst out of abs vacuum molding and its a pain at the moment, hope to have pics of progress up soon, having some technical probs with my pc!

I have come to the realization that it is completely foolish to try to make this armor by halloween given the time constraints and the fact that this would be my first set of UNSC armor. Instead, I'm going as a punk rock zombie. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back