My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok! so ive been on break for a while. But here is 3/4 of a pepped boot. IDK wether or not to continue because they seems a little bit small... anyway. Take a look and tell me what you think about the scale please!
Photo205.jpg

Also I did a little work to cut the cod piece down so it wasnt so long in the front. heres how it turned out, it looks kinda sloppy in the pic but not as bad in person. (I cut a little bit out of the middle and created new flaps/creases to glue the two pieces back together)

Photo204.jpg

Photo203-1.jpg

Annnnd heres the modifications I made to my chest piece. I cut the sides (just look at the pic lol.) I think that the cuts and re-gluing that I did are virtually unnoticeable so I'm pretty happy about that. I still thing the chest piece is wide in the front though, we'll see.
Picture14.png

Just caught wind of this thread. Very impressive. It really makes me want to finish my current build so I can start the mk Vi. But I see your working on your chest piece (which in my experience is the most dreadful piece all around...). If it helps, I added hinges onto my mk V chest half way up around the collar, or where the front chest plate connects to the back-pack piece. It helps keep the whole chest apparatus inline with itself when wearing or taking it off. I'm not sure what method you were going for to connect the two pieces (unless you can simply squirm into it without separation!) but I feel hinges work better than some of the nylon strapping methods I've seen so far. Again, if it helps

Anywho, awesome build and yet another mk VI project making me antsy to start my own. Keep up the great work!

You know, the chest piece looks great; your cutting job definitely improved the fit. As for too wide, I'm leaning towards maybe not...? The chest piece is so central, you really gotta compare it to the rest of your armour to be sure if it's the right size or not. I thought my chest piece was perfect, but now it looks too small compared to the helmet. Or it's vice versa. Point is, maybe make the helmet and then determine from there if your chest piece needs re-pepping...?

The boots do...look kinda a bit small. It's so hard to tell without the rest of the armour to compare it to, eh? Try staring at a Mk VI picture for a long time and burn it into your brain. I did that! No side effects, either --*SCREAMS*--...er, sorry.

Just caught wind of this thread. Very impressive. It really makes me want to finish my current build so I can start the mk Vi. But I see your working on your chest piece (which in my experience is the most dreadful piece all around...). If it helps, I added hinges onto my mk V chest half way up around the collar, or where the front chest plate connects to the back-pack piece. It helps keep the whole chest apparatus inline with itself when wearing or taking it off. I'm not sure what method you were going for to connect the two pieces (unless you can simply squirm into it without separation!) but I feel hinges work better than some of the nylon strapping methods I've seen so far. Again, if it helps

Anywho, awesome build and yet another mk VI project making me antsy to start my own. Keep up the great work!
Thankyou, I'm not sure how I am goingto be connecting the chest piece together, at the moment I just try it on because I'm able to wriggle my way into it because I left one side unglued. I'm 70% sure that I will be cutting it at the "hinge" areas at the top (where most people cut it,) and then on the bottom of the side where I made adjustments. - Then I'll mount buckles to the inside to be able to snap it on in two pieces. My only worry about this method is that I'm not to sure about at what stage i should do it (cut it before resining? after resining? mount buckles before fiberglassing? etc.) and my other concern is that the areas where I make the cut will show very easily.

Your hinge method sounds good, but I'm not really to sure how to do that lol. (I'm not very handy with those kind of tools I guess, I'd assume that you would just buy a hinge from a hardware store and glue gun / screw it in after the fiberglassing stage?)

You know, the chest piece looks great; your cutting job definitely improved the fit. As for too wide, I'm leaning towards maybe not...? The chest piece is so central, you really gotta compare it to the rest of your armour to be sure if it's the right size or not. I thought my chest piece was perfect, but now it looks too small compared to the helmet. Or it's vice versa. Point is, maybe make the helmet and then determine from there if your chest piece needs re-pepping...?

The boots do...look kinda a bit small. It's so hard to tell without the rest of the armour to compare it to, eh? Try staring at a Mk VI picture for a long time and burn it into your brain. I did that! No side effects, either --*SCREAMS*--...er, sorry.

You know what, you are right. It is totally all about comparison to other pieces and im goingto stop worrying about the chest piece until I finish the rest. I just dont want my suit to look overly bulky like I've seen so many others looking, but completing the upper half of the suit could totally bring it all together. And yeeeah im gonna redo the boots, thats why I post when i'm half way done lol. I dont know how much i'm goingto scale them up by, but I think when it comes to the boots, going bigger then you think they need to be is usually better.

wow looks great, keep up the fantastic work =D
btw i kinda just made this thread and you have 15 pages and i made my thread so long ago, i started when the first reach files came out and i just got 15 pages xD i am very slow at this =P

wow looks great, keep up the fantastic work =D
btw i kinda just made this thread and you have 15 pages and i made my thread so long ago, i started when the first reach files came out and i just got 15 pages xD i am very slow at this =P

haha well its mainly because I started the thread right when I started my build (so I have a lot of posts as I progress.) Another thing is that I post waaaay to much, like, everytime I pep a small piece i document / post it lol.

Heres the new shoe that I'm doing. Its scaled a whole lot larger and is reeeeeeally big. I'm gonna complete it, but I might not end up using it, or I'll mix n match the one I did the other day with this one. Also theres my cat.
Photo209.jpg

OK. So i half pepped the new boots, and its mighty large, but IDk.Anyway I attempted to try everything on with what I'd pepped so far and this is how it looks.

I was planning on re-pepping the calve and might re-pep the boot to a smaller size, it looks really big on the rest of the suit in my opinion.

FullSuit.jpg

PS!! Please tell me if you think anything looks out of proportion

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this build, I just haven't had time to post until now. I'm really liking the progress.

On the proportions, you're right about the boot, it's a tad large. However, the rest of the armor pieces seem like a good size. The shin could stand to be reduced by maybe 10%, but it looks fine as it is now.

I love this build, I just haven't had time to post until now. I'm really liking the progress.

On the proportions, you're right about the boot, it's a tad large. However, the rest of the armor pieces seem like a good size. The shin could stand to be reduced by maybe 10%, but it looks fine as it is now.

Thankyou I appreciate the support :D. Yeah the boot is def big, I've tried 2 scales for it and one was too small. I think that with boots, suits look better when theyre big but I think mine is noticeably big. I'm glad that you think that the rest is in proportion, although everyone has been telling me that the shin needs to be bigger ( I was goingto remake it using halogoddess's female mk 6 shin model) I was told that it wasn't long enough, which I agree with.

Thankyou for the feedback!

Ive heard that if you measure your shoe from heel to toe that you can use that measurement to scale your boot. But I havent tried that myself, though it sounds right.

Thankyou I appreciate the support :D. Yeah the boot is def big, I've tried 2 scales for it and one was too small. I think that with boots, suits look better when theyre big but I think mine is noticeably big. I'm glad that you think that the rest is in proportion, although everyone has been telling me that the shin needs to be bigger ( I was goingto remake it using halogoddess's female mk 6 shin model) I was told that it wasn't long enough, which I agree with.

Thankyou for the feedback!

The shins could be a little longer, but I was worried about the width going out of whack. Also, if you check out Longshot's build, his shins seem a little short, but because he added a spacer and kept them proportionate to his body/rest of the armor, they look fantastic. If you can use Halogoddess's file to make the shin longer without being too wide, then go for it

Ive heard that if you measure your shoe from heel to toe that you can use that measurement to scale your boot. But I havent tried that myself, though it sounds right.

thats what I heard too and everyone said it would work, "measure heel to toe and put that in as width on pep. viewer" but it seriously did not work! ( For me at least) I ended up looking at a piece that I knew was the bottom of the toe part on the Pep. viewer and seeing its size-relation to the piece of paper it would be printed out on / the size of my foot. From there I was able to guess just about how big it would have to be.
Unfortunately I decided to go larger than I thought I would need on the new boot which ended up being a little to big. Thankyou for your input :)

The shins could be a little longer, but I was worried about the width going out of whack. Also, if you check out Longshot's build, his shins seem a little short, but because he added a spacer and kept them proportionate to his body/rest of the armor, they look fantastic. If you can use Halogoddess's file to make the shin longer without being too wide, then go for it

Yeah thats what I was worried about to and thats why I think that going with halogoddess's female shin would allow for a longer length without making the calve super huge. I will make sure to re-look at longshot's build and see if I could use a spacer as well, thankyou

more pics of the boot 3/4 pepped with a normal sneaker underneath
Photo216.jpg

Photo215.jpg

doesnt look as bad in these pics but I think fully suited up it looks pretty big still

haha well its mainly because I started the thread right when I started my build (so I have a lot of posts as I progress.) Another thing is that I post waaaay to much, like, everytime I pep a small piece i document / post it lol.

lol that's ok, we like to see pics xD
well done on the build, you have almost everything pepped =D keep up the fantastic work =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back