My Master Chief Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys, and I just noticed in those files there is a medium detail fore arm that I am gonna go with instead of what I made! and the are pretty close to the HD ones too! Im pumped!

Yeah i opted for the med def too. I started cutting out pieces of the high def and realized it was beyond the current skill level. My med def came out good enough for me so i'm not complaining too much.

Mavrick said:
Yeah i opted for the med def too. I started cutting out pieces of the high def and realized it was beyond the current skill level. My med def came out good enough for me so i'm not complaining too much.

Do you have any pictures of the completed model?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just used the youtube video. Im an inch shorter than the guy so i've been scaling exactly his and its working fine.

Mavrick said:
I just used the youtube video. Im an inch shorter than the guy so i've been scaling exactly his and its working fine.

yeah thats what Im doing too, Im exactly his hight too.

PistolPunk said:
Oh yeah. Abrant3 is awesome. I followed his sizing tutorials to the T and its been working beautifully.

Great work Masterchief1977! keep it up!

So I got my right thigh piece done. And started resining the left. The stuff Im using though is not the Bondo brand resin. Its actually West System resin. It takes longer to cure but that give you more time to work with it rather then the 8 mins that you get with Bondo brand. You can find the stuff in bulk from West Marine

New update, high def hand plates are painted! I cant wait for the rest!!!!!

P9070035.jpg

P9070036.jpg

would you say these are the right size?

so I went to Abrant3's youtube channel to look at what size the arm pieces and a couple other pieces were and he deleted every armor tutorial he had :( Now Im screwed.

Abrant was pretty helpful to me in the beginning, but after that this forum taught me the rest I needed to know. I'm sure you can find a sticky that will help you out.By the way, sweet paintjob on the handplates!

Loganius said:
Abrant was pretty helpful to me in the beginning, but after that this forum taught me the rest I needed to know. I'm sure you can find a sticky that will help you out.By the way, sweet paintjob on the handplates!

Thanks for the complement on the hand plates. Could someone possibly tell me what Abrant3's measurements were for his Bicep/sholder piece?

Ok so its been a while scince I posted pictures. and my armor wont be fully done for Halloween but I have plans for that problem. Here is a completed arm without the LED. That will be added later. Im also having some trouble keeping the upper arm in place and the lower arm I think i need to add some foam.

PA270040.jpg

PA270042.jpg

What do you guys think?

Thats looking really good sir! I like to see that the bicep, forearm, and handplate look in proportion to oneanother. Really tough in my opinion.

Ok now that my thread is back! Here is what Ive done so far.

Chest I ended up coming out to a 457 mm measurement which at this point Im trying to resin.

IMAG0545_zpsfb2a34d6.jpg

IMAG0546_zps3716af9c.jpg

IMAG0544_zps4ec24309.jpg

IMAG0547_zpsa1ac6716.jpg

IMAG0548_zpse3c66d83.jpg

Two High Detail. Upper arms fiberglassed and ready for bondo (or given the time frame Ill paint them for now and bondo later)

IMAG0631_zps021d0c9c.jpg

IMAG0632_zpsb68aeb3d.jpg

IMAG0633_zps93a14964.jpg

My high Detail cod piece. Again Fiberglassed and ready for either bondo or paint.

IMAG0634_zps98f90fac.jpg

IMAG0635_zps10d2d86e.jpg

IMAG0636_zps0ab51609.jpg

And finally the redone thigh pieces though I think one came out taller then the other and Im not sure why. I used the same measurements for both.

IMAG0637_zpsc801bf71.jpg

IMAG0639_zps78f7bd9c.jpg

IMAG0640_zpsd57640dd.jpg

Let me know what you think or what i should do to make them look a bit better? Or maybe Ill have to start all over.

Anyway back to work on the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back