My New Mk VI Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 270

So after looking back at my old armor, I decided to make some improvements and what not. This armor is purely homemade and hand crafted by me. I still dont have the rest of the underarmor however. I still got a little more work to do. I have to add the details on the thigh plates, recoat the chest, fore arms, and shins. :D Anyway, heres the pics.

100_1005.jpg

100_1010.jpg

zero2-3.jpg

Um... is that foil?
And anyhow, I think its pretty good for... paper? Cardboard? Well whatever it is I like it, just looks a little flimsy.
I am working on my cardboard suit, and not to brag, but my helmet is better looking, then again, I did have a lot more time to do it, and I still gotta mod it a bit. I wish I could post pics, but I don't have any sort of camera to use, my cell phone service got cut off, so I can't even use that!
BUT, don't mind my ranting, I really like it. Now go hit up your local gamestop and rob em.

homsar66

Jr Member
Nice, what's it made out of? it looks like large amounts of duct tape were involved. :p
Good job, i haven't seen many completed suits from scratch.

Spartan 270

I made it from cardboard and loads of ducktape. ;) And its pretty sturdy. I got shot by an automatic airsoft and the BBs bounced right off.

Wow, thats pretty cool. But was it a mini-electric BB gun? Because those things are pretty damn weak <___<
I haven't started my torso piece yet, I am starting with the limb parts first. Look at my sig. I'm trying to find a cheap but efficient way to reinforce my armor too.

ojrtega

wow thats about the same it took me to make my armor haha

although i had a bunch of the materials already so thats why i saved money.

Robogenisis

Well, it looks slightly like the chief. I say you need to redo it with pepakura though.
If you can't fiberglass, use AoBfrost's hot glue strengthening method;
If you don't have a printer, get one;
If you have a Mac, then someone *might* send you a PDF of the armor;
If you don't want to spend the time making a new one, fine. your choice.

Yeah I kinda saw that too <___<
I'm trying to achieve making good armor without paying a thing, just made out of what I have.
I prolly will end up spending something though >___> Paint most likely.

Spartan 270

Robogenisis said:
Well, it looks slightly like the chief. I say you need to redo it with pepakura though.
If you can't fiberglass, use AoBfrost's hot glue strengthening method;
If you don't have a printer, get one;
If you have a Mac, then someone *might* send you a PDF of the armor;
If you don't want to spend the time making a new one, fine. your choice.

Why? Can't a guy just do a master chief armor the old fasion way? Geez. I know it looks kinda off, but im still adding details to most of the pieces.:lol: And Im not allowed to use resin or fiberglass :mad: But I would like to know where to find or how to do Aob's strengthening method.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what ever happened to a little thing called "originality" I'm glad to see that cardboard armor is becoming much more popular, though.

Spartan 270

RadioactiV777 said:
I wonder what ever happened to a little thing called "originality" I'm glad to see that cardboard armor is becoming much more popular, though.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about. :D Thank you.

Robogenisis

SpArtan-270 said:
Thats exactly what I'm talking about. :D Thank you.

I admire that you were able to make it recognizable from scratch (Don't think I could). I just don't think it looks as good as pep armor.
Now, HERE is the AoBfrost's hot glue strengthening method I talked about earlier. I think It has to do with lots of hot glue, an empty coffee tin, and a stove. :D

I made it from cardboard and loads of ducktape. ;) And its pretty sturdy. I got shot by an automatic airsoft and the BBs bounced right off.

im a big airsoft fan and automatic guns arnt too good they have a fast shooting time but the fps are not so good its eather one or another i shot my chest

Josh028.jpg

as seen in the right my costume is 5 cardboard layers thick and it put a hole in it

i shot it iwht my spring pistol (340 fps)

Status
Not open for further replies.