My Reach Peps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendude said:
I don't think any of the files are hax, I think that m3ggawats did model all the files, what he may have done was used rundowns files as reference but I don't see how if one is in triangles and rundowns are in quads how they could be the same. I mean I do see a lot of similarities but they are'nt the same to me.

EDIT:Nevermind upon further inspection these are very close to being Rundowns files.

Google sketchup deals with triangles to make curves. Look at l3x's Emile helmet. A ton of triangles. Blender is a lot more pep-priendly. And speaking of which, sketchup models always have a ton of open edges, especially along curves. these are devoid of open edges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, but look at these. all open edge similarities[attachment=16556:More open edge similarities.pdf]

Hugh Stephen Holder III said:
In 3D modeling when you do a render operation ALL quads get tessellated into triangles. It happens with polygons, NURBS, and Sub-Div surfaces... basically when you hit render everything is brought back as a polygon and triangulated.

Basically every square gets an added edge through it.

That's why I hate using sketchup... there's no way to get rid of those beasties! :p

Nintendude said:
Well either way I'm going to start unfolding these files just so the public has stuff to work with.

thanks again Nintendude for unfolding them 'cause I suck at unfolding

It may be that he just reworked rundowns models. If that is the case, you will want to state that. Really don't want to upset Rundown. That being said, there are some details added. On the helmet, Rundown didn't have the recesses areas at the base/back of the visor. Other than that, they look identical to me (and I got pretty familiar with rundowns model doing the unfold. Stared at the thing for hours)

These files look great m3ggawatts! I'm understanding what Boba is saying but I am still sure you made them with the accuracy of rundowns files. Nice Job!

m3ggawatts said:
I used rundown's as refrence and built mine from that they are not copies

Ok- the files are nice but did you take his .OBJ's and upload/modify them in sketchup? I'm trying to help you out here so that you may clarify what was done and everyone can get along :p

Purrie said:
Ok- the files are nice but did you take his .OBJ's and upload/modify them in sketchup? I'm trying to help you out here so that you may clarify what was done and everyone can get along :p

i looked at his and built mine while looking to his for refrence. then i added detail to mine

to prevent further wars, I've PM'ed Rundown, let's wait to see what he has to say, and clear it up once and for all.

Nintendude said:
Well either way I'm going to start unfolding these files just so the public has stuff to work with.

BTW my phone is dead but saw in google voice

i agree with boba these are almost identical to rundown's and i know for a fact that some times when importing files into another program details and other features change.

there are like 80 other files that look the identicle if not the same and they also say that it is their own

work and don't get jumped for it.

anyway I realy dig these files I hope that you keep modleing.

sorry if this offends anyone no direspect meant

OKEJ I find it hard to believe that they are fully yours since my files already are outdated. I was planning on making new files with the new ref that came out so whe will see easaly if they are mine or not.

Currently i dont have the time to overlay my models with these models till this evening here. And i'm sorry to say but so far it just look like you just downloaded mine and deletted some verts in wierd places making traingles everywhere.

So far like Ruze showed my helmet is the same as your so called helmet. You just made wierd traingles. And i know how sketchup works. You couldn't have pulled this off with that believe me. I'm gonna ave a discussion with other mods on what to do with you. For the moment i'll put a lock on this.

Edit Acehigh came to me and showed that you also copied his handplate.

handplate.jpg

this is not good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back