My sons armour finished on-time

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwantaxbox360

To anyone who is looking on this site to make a suit and have never done anything like this before...READ all the tutorial on here.
I have never used a glue gun or anything, but with the extremely well written and idiot proof guides on this board and the numerous posting, you can do it.
So after 200 hours of work!, and just a smidgen over $400 my son has a Master chief suit, i have numerous burns on my finger tip from the glue gun, and enough paint and fiberglass in my lungs to make an additional suit.

Its a so-so first attempt, i am not overly happy with it, but my sons loves it, and was able to enter and win the city-wide costume contest tonight. It was nice to have so many people come up and comment on the suit.

Anyway enough ramblings onto the pics.

Congrats to you and your son! Suit looks great too. After Halo-ween are you going to go back and work on it a bit more since you said you wernt overly happy with it, or are you going to build yourself a suit with some differing techniques. Regardles, congrats again.

Looks good :D Nicely done for the first time around I'd say.
Yeah.. Gotta watch out for that hot glue.

'Dad of the Year"

I bet your son was one happy camper... and I bet he really surprised his classmates with that costume.

It's great to read these success stories , and to know that all the work we've done here is creating great Halo memories for all.

Congrats... (y)

drgon47 said:
Congrats to you and your son! Suit looks great too. After Halo-ween are you going to go back and work on it a bit more since you said you wernt overly happy with it, or are you going to build yourself a suit with some differing techniques. Regardles, congrats again.

Well my bank account is still in cardiac arrest following this project. Deep down i would love to build a suit for myself, although i think I'm a little too old for it now :-( But i think I will try and rework my son Armour again, I would like to play around with adding detail with this bondo i have read about, but i will need a lot of practice. I would also like to build the newer helmet i saw on here.

Now if an elite pepakura suit becomes available, i might not be able to resist, and hopefully won't be in a rush this time.

Thanks for all the nice comments

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I Love your Needler! Everything looks Great!

Yea I have Spent over $300 so far and am busting my butt this weekend to finish my son's suit.
Hope to have it all done by Monday Nite.

Wombat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back