My underarmor solution (with little howto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief

Jr Member
Hello fellow SPARTAN peers,

today I finished my new underarmor solution and I wanted to show you what I have done with mine. I'm going to take new pictures of my complete MC Armor this Friday or Saturday for the "Finished Suits" Thread, but I wanted to show especially the undersuit in this thread to help maybe others to find sources for it or just give some inspiration. I hope you like it and I hope this thread helps you a bit. :)

Head, Gloves and Neck

For the head I use a normal balaclava that you don't see the chin or hairs under the helmet. Because balaclava alone doesn't look very good alone I use a military leather neckseal to cover the transition between balaclava and suit itself. The gloves are military leather gloves (the thick ones). You find all those things easily at eBay. The Balaclava in motocross stores (its cheaper there than online :lol: )

add.jpg

Ellbow

OK my arms are not the strongest so it looked a bit strange between shoulder armor and forearm armor. I looked for a solution to give the arms a bit more the MC look and make them a bit stronger. I found some Ellbow Protectors in an Inline Skate Store. They looked like this:

protector_before.jpg

I just sprayed them totally black with Spraypaint that you don't recognize the protector if you wear the armor. Please ensure that you don't use the very strong protectors because they restrict your movement abilities. I just used the "soft" ones.

protector_after.jpg

Vest

I found a good Protection Vest in a Paintball Shop. The Vendor of this Vest is called PROTO. This is how it looked:

vest_before.jpg

(This is the original vendor picture. I forget to photograph it before the cutting *g*)

Of course the red borders are bad, but it is hard to find vests without branding or borders. This was the best one I could find but I had to change it. So I cutted out just the protectors with the black design patterns. Then I used a black motocross undershirt and sew them on again. (Luckily my mum could help me with that :D Its impossible alone because you have to wear it when you attach the protection-patterns especially on the back. I wore the Chest and Back Amor when doing that to have the correct height for the patterns where you see them later)

This is how it looks now:

FRONT:
vest_front.jpg

FRONT / SIDE CLOSE VIEW:
vest_front1.jpg

BACK:
vest_back.jpg

Pants

OK again a lucky find in a sports store. Its a keeper protection pant with foam protectors near the hips and on the knees. So exactly where you see them when wearing the MC Armor! :D This thing was totally black, so I could use it directly without changing. The only thing I did was removing the brand from the pants. It was thermo-printed so with an iron it worked perfectly. The vendor is called DERBYSTAR. The design itself looks bit weird but if you have it with your armor you just see some of those lines what gives it a better view.

pants.jpg

OK that's it. Sorry if my english was bad. Its hard to explain those things because there are many words and phrases in it you don't often use in your "business english Vocabulary". ;) But I hope its understandable. I don't know if you find the vendors I told you even outside of Europe but if you look for Paintball Protection Vests and Protection Pants you find similar ones.

Oh BTW:
This undersuit is cellular and mostly cotton. So it doesn't get very hot when you wear it. I think this is better than the Neoprene suits or Leather Suits. Neoprene was the first thing I had and its damn hot with it if the outside degree is more than 10°C. This one is even good in summer I guess. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find on the Proto vest, that looks very close to the MC undersuit in the area of the lower chest and back,

I also like the military leather neckseal, I might look for one of those myself!

very nice, I've been using jeans, a long sleeve tshirt, and a stormtrooper neck seal, and this looks like a great upgrade!

Thank you all! Glad that you like it. :D

@23Magnum
Jepp thats right. It was also an quite cheap protector vest compared to others. But the design and quality of the foam protectors is really good and very stable (and you can wash them). You really can go the cheaper way with that because the advantage is, that you don't need a perfect protection, you just need the design. :D

you should put it on at get a pic of yourself in it to help us get a better look of it all!
like what i see!!

JediStumpy said:
you should put it on at get a pic of yourself in it to help us get a better look of it all!
like what i see!!

Yes, I'm going to make some new pictures of me in my whole Armor on Friday or Saturday this week to post in Adams Thread with the finished suits. There you'll see it in action then. :)

RedTogusa said:
Nice one chief, I like the ideas. It should look good all together. nice find.

Thx Red! :)

OK guys you know the thing with the promise ;)
So I kept mine from above and uploaded you some completed suit pictures here I made today:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?automodu...m&album=381

You see underarmor on the frontal and side shots very well. It worked great! The only thing I have to change some day is the strapping system of hip-armor and the upper legs that you don't see the rubber-bands over the underarmor. :D Here is a shot in higher Quality from it: *click*.

I hope you like it!

Yours,
Chris

These are great pics Chief. I'm actually surprised at who good the undersuit looks. It looks great. nice one.

that looks awesome, but do you think there are any stores in america where you can get the neck seal? thx!

p.s. awesome work man, you rock! :cool:

mumstheword said:
do you think there are any stores in america where you can get the neck seal? thx!

Hi,

a good way to get it is definitively eBay. Just look for "leather neckseal" and you often find offers near you. The neckseal itself is just a standard military one so sometimes you also have luck in "Military Outlets" near you.

mumstheword said:
p.s. awesome work man, you rock! :cool:

Thanks mate! :)

23Magnum said:
Did a quick google search for that Proto Top you put there.

Here's the site for those that want it. >>> http://www.protopaintball.com/Performance/...urrentbutton=f5

Cool stuff.

Edit: Just in case anyone beside me was wondering, the vest is priced at around $50. That's pretty good I think.
50$?????
AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!
I bout mine at paintball central fo leik 75$

Edit: you can buy paintball neckseals at paintball central

nice find with useing a proto armor

I wish that stuff breathed better because on a hot day all you want to do is ripe that shitt off

When you just use the protectors on the motocross underwear it breaths quite good. Of course its not like running in T-Shirt outside in summer but I think compared with other methods I had (not only with my Chief armor) its quite a "cool" Undersuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back