n00b Questions from a n00b User :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, guys,
I'm new here in case you hadn't already guessed.

I'm a cosplayer - don't hate me please! - but I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm planning on attending a convention next year as one of the Pillar of Autumn's crewmembers.

Well, I'm hated on the cosplay help site, but I was referred here for some help with modeling the pistol.

So... here are some questions -
1. I need the pistol by August of next year. Is it possible?
2. As I have a fair amount of time and a limited budget, what material(s) should I use?
3. Are there schematics, FAQs, and Tutorials here?
4. I need help with the PoA crew's jumpsuit. Any help or references?
5. What materials do/will I need for the uniform and pistol?
6. What pistol should I model? The M6C (Halo 2), M6D (Halo CE), or M6G (Halo 3)?
or
7. Should I make an MA5B ICWS Assault Rifle (Halo CE) or MA5C (Halo 3)?
or
8. Should I make both a pistol and assault rifle?
9. Is there a way I can modify my Sig552 airsoft electric gun to look like an assault rifle?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've heard this is an excellent site for all custom armor and props making.

- Chemical.Reaper ("Septim117")

Well you have a very long time to work on the pistol, so you should be ok. If you don't really know how to make it, you should just start with Pepakura. Head over to the pep creation forum and check out all of the stickies there.

Generally speaking things arent timed by their difficulty, but rather how much time you have to put into it. Just check out the other forums and hopefully most of your questions will be solved! Welcome to the forums by the way. You're right, the 405th IS really good=]

Alright - thanks, I'll check out the other forums, then.

I just realized - 405th has a nice skin, but needs some new buttons and markers to go with it (I think those are IPB Default markers, and they don't look good lol).

Well, as a cosplayer, what experience do you have in costume making? It may help us out on determining how much skill this will take.

To be perfectly honest... not that much skill. I've made a Link (Legend of Zelda) costume, my Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4) costume is nearly done, and my next two projects are the Halo crewman and Roy (Super Smash Bros Melee).

I have used fiberglass before for very small touchup details on my parents car (those of you who leave shopping carts near other people's cars... I'm gonna getcha!) , but I'm not bad with pleather (not that that will help in this scenario). I'm not bad with sewing, and if I get stuck, my mother is quite good at sewing. Oh, and I have started a chainmail shirt... again, it doesn't really help. I'm fairly good with cardboard and woodworking, and my sister is good with foam board.

Basically, what I don't know, I'm willing to learn. And what I do know, I'm constantly improving.

Hope that helps at least a little bit.

Chemical.Reaper said:
Hi, guys,

I'm a cosplayer - don't hate me please! - but I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm planning on attending a convention next year as one of the Pillar of Autumn's crewmembers.

Well, I'm hated on the cosplay help site, but I was referred here for some help with modeling the pistol.

Well if you work on your gun for 2 hours every weekend,you will have finally put in for 80 hours. I'm guess thats enough time
2. As I have a fair amount of time and a limited budget, what material(s) should I use?
Because you have a limited budget, i would recommend Pep. There are a few good examples from people that have made a pistol
Look at the stickies in the pep forum...there on top... :cautious:
I have no idea what a PoA jumpsuit is or what its good for..
That depend on what kind of uniform you what, im guessing a UNSC suite. There are a few good navy cloths that come close to the suites
6. What pistol should I model? The M6C (Halo 2), M6D (Halo CE), or M6G (Halo 3)?
or
That up you, and witch model there is a pep file
Personally MA5C there are better reference pictures.
That up to you and you time and money funds.
9. Is there a way I can modify my Sig552 airsoft electric gun to look like an assault rifle?
Well you could try it, it thinks its not done before.

Sorry for all the questions, but I've heard this is an excellent site for all custom armor and props making.

There you go :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
Chemical.Reaper said:
Hi, guys,

Very, easily possible.
For the pistol? Clay and molds...thats the BEST way, the cheapest way is Pepakura.

ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Gray Jumpsuit, custom patch.

Look above.

or
or
PoA Navy dudes only carry pistols. You could make a AR. Make the Halo 1 stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Pepakura Viewer. w00t! That's a big first step...

Now, to get some files for it... *searches for Pistol* too... many... pages...

NOTE TO SELF: The night before a school-day is NOT the best time to start planning a pistol prop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back