Update
IMG_3868.JPG

Added mag, grip, trigger, and barrel

IMG_3869.JPG
IMG_3870.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

Notes:
  • I did a lot of scoring then heating to get those line details, although I should really practice doing tight curves.​
  • The non-functional light and other bit sticking out the front of the gun have a small dowel supporting them so they don't get ripped off.​
  • I used the Dremel sanding bit to do a lot of the circles for bolt holes.​
  • The template proved to be quite useful for sizing of items and sometimes shape, but for the most part I used my printed AR and nerf AR as a guide so decide the overall geometry.​
  • Next up I need to fill the gaps with kwik seal​
The barrel is attached to the dowel that goes the entire length of the gun. It is removable. I think I will make a second barrel so I can have one black one and one orange one, interchanging them for different rules at different cons.

Are you planning on adding the ammo counter with leds? (If you said it in this forum thread my eyes probably didn't comprehend the words it saw)

Are you planning on adding the ammo counter with leds? (If you said it in this forum thread my eyes probably didn't comprehend the words it saw)
No LEDs as I want this to be as hassle-free of a prop as possible. No batteries, no lights, nothing to go wrong. The idea is it's a prop that I don't have to worry about if i drop it on the ground, get bumped in to, etc.

For the ammo counter I'll probably just use a cricut stencil or sticker

No LEDs as I want this to be as hassle-free of a prop as possible. No batteries, no lights, nothing to go wrong. The idea is it's a prop that I don't have to worry about if i drop it on the ground, get bumped in to, etc.

For the ammo counter I'll probably just use a cricut stencil or sticker
I saw a video on youtube of a guy using a light blue vinyl sticker and it looked like it was lit up just because of the color. Ended up looking better than most LED backlit ammo counters

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back