(NAS armor) helmet cooling system

What do YOU think of the Nightmare Aarmor Studios armor?

• NICE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSOLUTLY COOL

• I´ve seen (much) better

• POOR, VERY VERY POOR

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TK3350

Hello there Costuming comunity.

I recently received my NAS halo armor. I am just in he early stages of building and asembling it. BUT,

I have had some pretty nifty ideas on how to do a few things, and most thanks to this site!

Now there is only one problem, a few actually.

1. I am living in europa (spain to be exact) and that dificults things for me when I try to get certain objects (ex. Gold shining face plates is one of them as they are prohibited by law here in spain, sweet america...*sobs*)

2. I need to know how to best to mount a 2fan cooling sistem for inside my helmet.

Did I mention btw that the NAS armor is HUGE? I can fit my head in 2 times in the helmet. No offence Sid, just a fact. its still awesome though!!

Any help would be very very handy not just for me!

TK-3350 said:
Hello there Costuming comunity.

I recently received my NAS halo armor. I am just in he early stages of building and asembling it. BUT,

I have had some pretty nifty ideas on how to do a few things, and most thanks to this site!

Now there is only one problem, a few actually.

1. I am living in europa (spain to be exact) and that dificults things for me when I try to get certain objects (ex. Gold shining face plates is one of them as they are prohibited by law here in spain, sweet america...*sobs*)

2. I need to know how to best to mount a 2fan cooling sistem for inside my helmet.

Did I mention btw that the NAS armor is HUGE? I can fit my head in 2 times in the helmet. No offence Sid, just a fact. its still awesome though!!

Any help would be very very handy not just for me!

Post pics.

Also, PM me with any questions and I can get you started in the right areas.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as I'm at your stage of building my NAS stuff, I'm really looking forward to your progress. Post lots o' pics!

As far as the visors. Is it actually illegal to own them or is it that you can't ride a cycle with one on?

Espania eh? Madrid or Barcelona by any chance?

bucket is a universal term for full head helmet. It is used alot when I visit highland fairs.

EX
"Did you see that british pikeman? His bucket was soooo non-protective."

I am actually in the stage where I need to start considering a fan in mine. Is the main purpose to cool you off or circulate air for breathing?

Chris

I like using a small CPU fan with two 9V batteries. Two 9Vs really get that little fan spinning! :hyper:

Nightmare Armor=the original
They had this suit done before the game was even out, and didn't have a lot of reference.
I pity the fool that don't say absolutely cool! :christa:

I´ll post some pics soon on the progress of my armor, but i am not really that far. jst want to have all things prept and ready, to save time building it, really need to get it done before the 25th of september... though official release here in spain isn´t till the 26th... damn us... :eek

also, about the fan system.

Can anyone show a diagram on how to best build the fan sistem? Meaning, battery, cables, etc. Link 4044 had a very nice tut on how to do the lighting, currently I am chasing down those items and LED´s to fit in the way he did!

About the mirrored faceshilds for bikehelmets, you can own them but not use them in traffic (legally) deu to the fact that they don´t allow so much light in during night... and lets face it, spanish peops drivelike there´s no tomorrow *and that IS treu for most of the poor that fold themselves and their cars and or bikes around trees and other unbendable objects...*

One last thing, the NAS armor, for what kind of people is it designed? I am just 1.75 meters long, and i am afraid I wont fit in the armor propperly, I am even thinking of sawing som parts of the armor just to fit in *weeps uncontrolably at this thought of violation of the beauty and pure of art! :mad: *

How did you guys solve this problem? If any of you encountered the problem that is...

TK-3350 said:
I´ll post some pics soon on the progress of my armor, but i am not really that far. jst want to have all things prept and ready, to save time building it, really need to get it done before the 25th of september... though official release here in spain isn´t till the 26th... damn us... :eek

also, about the fan system.

Can anyone show a diagram on how to best build the fan sistem? Meaning, battery, cables, etc. Link 4044 had a very nice tut on how to do the lighting, currently I am chasing down those items and LED´s to fit in the way he did!

About the mirrored faceshilds for bikehelmets, you can own them but not use them in traffic (legally) deu to the fact that they don´t allow so much light in during night... and lets face it, spanish peops drivelike there´s no tomorrow *and that IS treu for most of the poor that fold themselves and their cars and or bikes around trees and other unbendable objects...*

One last thing, the NAS armor, for what kind of people is it designed? I am just 1.75 meters long, and i am afraid I wont fit in the armor propperly, I am even thinking of sawing som parts of the armor just to fit in *weeps uncontrolably at this thought of violation of the beauty and pure of art! :mad: *

How did you guys solve this problem? If any of you encountered the problem that is...

This is how I would place it:

fanuv0.jpg

That's how Sean Bradley places it, so I would go with that.

I'm not sure how to handle the armor not fitting...

Is it too small or too big?

Hope this helps.

-Blue

ARMOR is too big, or I am to small, you can choose :lindsey:

anyways, I was thinking on a different approach on plasing the fans.

If you look at the front of the MC helmet, you can see thos 2 black tubes on the sides of the "mouth" cover. i wanted to remove these and place a contraption of my own design (no pics or posts will be mado of those untill finished!) But it comes down to the fact that thats where the air comes in goes out! I want one fan to blow in adn the other out to get air circulation.

For now gotta go... I´ll seek you up in the morning.

AND TO ALL WHO POST HERE THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!

Well you do what you want with the fans...the jaw thing seems like a good idea.

If your armor is to big, you a may want to wear alot of clothes...it may be hot, but it would fit better.

I hope :shock: .

-Blue

NAS´s Sid Garrand told me to get (as to the rest of the comunity) bicicle protective clothign, really fills you up. But can´t get any of those here in spain deu to teh hot weather!

Damn this sun baked country!
really hate it sometimes :gun4:

dallis said:
Here is one of my ideas for air conditioning inside fellow helmet makers helmets...

or however you do it haha sorry i dont know how to put pics up

u cant just post a picture from your harddrive, you gotta upload it to imageshack.us or photobucket.com

Whoa, thanks for that great picture!!! really explains a lot. To be honest I had had the idea of placing 2 small fans in he front of the helmet. (blue arrow section), but in a diffirent configuration:

1st fan blowing inward to refresh the air inside,blow cool air in the wearers face.
2nd fan blowing outward to pull out the breath you exhale everytime so as to not dampen the faceplate and it should (if I am not mistaken that is) bring down the temperature inside the helmet considirably.

Now to bring up a very diffirent topic stil going on about the helmet.
I´ve gotten myself a bicicle/mountaining helmet
elios.jpg

And I want to put this one inside the NAS MC helmet. Now here´s the challenge, how best to attatch this helmet to the MC helmet?

Myself I was thinking on attatching it with eppoxy/plastic welder kind of stuff that can bear a stress reaching up to 80 Kg per square CM. Applying this stuff on 8 points on the above shown helmet it should suffice to keep the bigger MC helmet in place.

If anyone has a way better way of doing this... please do not keep the answer to yourself but indulge us all with your wisdom! ;-)

Thank you all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back