Nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.
nascar's definately my favorite sport, its easy to criticize unless you've watched it enough to know whats going on and how it plays out, its not so simple as it looks. having said that, toyota's increasing involvement and interesting calls from nascar which always seem to benefit the hendricks team do take a lot of the fun out of it.... now that gibbs is going to be racing in camrys, and juniors going to be racing for cheaters, the sports taking a big hit.

SPORT (spôrt, sprt) n.
1. a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
b. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation.

There are road tracks in NASCAR ( left/ right, up hill down hill, s turns, hair pins, etc.), there are right hand turn tracks in NASCAR, you must have the ability to drive a vehicle at over 170 MPH inches from bumper to bumper contact, while being able to know whats going on 360 degrees around you on the track. The car is deafening, it shakes, and it doesn't always do what you expect so you must overcome and compensate.

It's competitive, it requires talent and skill, and there are winners and loosers... its a sport.. by definition...

NASCAR was founded by drivers the ran alcohol during prohibition...
NASCAR is a part of American History...

Everyone play nice now... ;)

Ares said:
NASCAR:
Not my sport. Too many rednecks in it.

UFC/MMA: My sport.

I do like baseball and football also.

I feel that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, not all fans of NASCAR are rednecks, just like not all fans of Baseball and Football are typical Jocks.. if there is a winner and a looser, I love it, I am terribly competitive...

Spase said:
SPORT (spôrt, sprt) n.
1. a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
b. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation.

There are road tracks in NASCAR ( left/ right, up hill down hill, s turns, hair pins, etc.), there are right hand turn tracks in NASCAR, you must have the ability to drive a vehicle at over 170 MPH inches from bumper to bumper contact, while being able to know whats going on 360 degrees around you on the track. The car is deafening, it shakes, and it doesn't always do what you expect so you must overcome and compensate.

It's competitive, it requires talent and skill, and there are winners and loosers... its a sport.. by definition...

NASCAR was founded by drivers the ran alcohol during prohibition...
NASCAR is a part of American History...

Everyone play nice now... ;)
I drive my car on road courses, competively. I dont win anything, but I sure have alot of driving skill.
My cars average speed varies from 120-145.
That includes: Accelerating, Braking, Shifting gears, Double clutching, RPM matching, Heel-toeing, Brake-boosting, Driving through an apex/ keeping a line, Drafting, Passing, the occasional power slide, Launching, omg the list goes on.

Also;
the ability to drive a vehicle at over 170 MPH inches from bumper to bumper contact,
Watch Lemans, F1, Indie, or R1/2. You will be amazed at their driving talent since they do this around corners.
Or maybe not, no real red necks in it. lol Just playing w/ ya

P.s. UFC pwns

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back