Need 3D Modelling help

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthvader

So I need some help modelling this helmet, I am completely new to this and am using Blender.

I'm not sure how to fix this curve and not have a hollow inside (image 2)

Please give any help if you can.
Screenshot (709).png
Screenshot (708).png

So I need some help modelling this helmet, I am completely new to this and am using Blender.

I'm not sure how to fix this curve and not have a hollow inside (image 2)

Please give any help if you can.
View attachment 318979View attachment 318980
The Subsurf modifier can be quite a tricky thing to learn the ins and outs of. My first suggestion would to not have an edge crease running down the mirrored edges (down the center), as that causes the geometry to form into a "peak", instead of rounding off. Secondly, on your mirror modifier, enable merging of vertices, to make sure both sides are properly joined.
You may also want to consider moving your solidify modifier after the subdivision surface. The arrangement of modifiers actually does make a difference (ones at the top get applied first). Having the subsurf after the solidify will round off all the edges around the rims (which may or may not be what you want)

Hate to be a bother again, but your advice helped. Hopefully I can get help with 1 last problem I have.
Screenshot (717).png

That one is gonna be a bit harder to diagnose. You'll want to check your geometry is neat (try hiding modifiers to check it), and make sure there is nothing like overlapping vertices or normals facing the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back