Need help on Making a Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prop Maker

Okay, well, Yesterday I make a model out of paper from a BR, I cut it out and taped it down to a peice of light posterboard, and then taped it all together, After that I put Paper Mache (No clue how to spell it) You know, the thing with News paper scraps and glue, and I let it dry. Later when it had dried I spray Painted it black.... Thats about it.

I have seen some WICKED Weapons make of hard foam, or even Plastic. Please, could ANYONE Tell me what I could use to make a good AR, BR, Pistol, or Energy Sword? I can spray paint the sword my self, but I need to know how to make like... A Paper model, make a mold, then fill it with foam.

Could anyone please help me and post a little instruction sheet? And possibly a Price idea? Like, could I get the items I need at like a Local Micheals (Michaels?) store?

Thanks, I would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated if you could help me.

Prop Maker said:
Okay, well, Yesterday I make a model out of paper from a BR, I cut it out and taped it down to a peice of light posterboard, and then taped it all together, After that I put Paper Mache (No clue how to spell it) You know, the thing with News paper scraps and glue, and I let it dry. Later when it had dried I spray Painted it black.... Thats about it.

I have seen some WICKED Weapons make of hard foam, or even Plastic. Please, could ANYONE Tell me what I could use to make a good AR, BR, Pistol, or Energy Sword? I can spray paint the sword my self, but I need to know how to make like... A Paper model, make a mold, then fill it with foam.

Could anyone please help me and post a little instruction sheet? And possibly a Price idea? Like, could I get the items I need at like a Local Micheals (Michaels?) store?

Thanks, I would be greatly greatly greatly appreciated if you could help me.
Pm Link, Adam, Sean, and Red, And doom.

Last edited by a moderator:
buy a block of hard foam and make a scetch of the AR for instance. then cut it out so you have like an outline of one. then add the details like the barrel and all then carve that out. then do same on other side

Without picture and video this is the best I can explain. It is like making it out of clay. You cant detail the whole thing at once you need to break it down into 4 sides front, back, and both sides. then detail those one side at a time.

There are a number of tutorial threads that might help you in the other sub-forums of this section. Give 'em a once over.

The only response to this should be READ THE STICKIES and then this topic should be locked. The fact that a noob comes on everyday and we have to say that every day is kind of ridiculous. Read every sticky and then you will entitles to a few questions.

try to make a hollow sword handle, put some batteries in, leds, a clear hard plastic blade, then gel lines that make the lightning to the leds

Just model it out of clay and then go over it with lie fiber glass rolls. You dont even have to go over it with the fiber glass rolls you could just use the clay and then sand it down to make it smooth when it drys. The clay you can buy at michaels (i did) and the sand paper im pretty sure you could find by yourself. My oppinion on it. I tried using styrofoam to make my AR and it turned out like crap because u cant paint it (paint on styrofoam looks BAD), you have to spend hours sanding it to make the sides smooth enough to make it look good, and its wont feel realistic. Go with clay or spend lots of money and time to make a fiberglass or resin model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back