Need help with 3D print model creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korn

Hey! So, i am trying to build the Halo 4 Prefect variant, and i was looking at getting a 3D printer. What i didn't know at the time, was that printers are ridiculously expensive, so i looked for, and found, a place near me that will do 3D printing for about $9 an hour. Is there a surefire way to get specialized 3D-print-capable models of the Prefect armor, or can i use the pep files from the File Archive, and slice/scale them to my liking? Thanks a bunch!

Ive printed 3 suits so far! If you want help I ll make the time to teach ya or help you convert files. just a FYI It takes 500-700 Hours to make a suit ......

If you can, it's better if you could refine the in-game model. They don't have many details.
Also, I suggest to contact kaween on 3d printing, printers and all. That guys is great. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds really cool, thank you! You wouldn't happen to know the guy who built that MC suit a while back, would you? :)

Its likely Me or Martorias We both made a halo 4 chief about a year ago.. as far as I know We are are the only 2 whom have fully made a " master chief "..

sadly Ive not seen much activity from him ( 21 posts ) .tis a shame he did a VERY VERY good job.

IF is him wanted to chat with I linked his user name in blue . If is me . .Well I am all ears ;)

Peter.

Sweet ! you Are still around! .

Korn. I hate to be a buzz kill .... 9 bucks is reasonable ... but Here is the kicker ! My suit took around 600H to print .
Martorias If I remember yours was about the same.

We both used about the same amount of plastic . 12-15 kG

At 9 bucks a hour . lets round up to 10.. thats 6000 USD! ..... you can buy 4 of the flashforge dreamers I use at 1100 USD a pop or 2 TAZ-6 machines and Still have enough money to print 3-4 suits in plastic ..

Yup, still kicking! :) I'll soon make a post when my amazingly amazing helmet is done :)

Yeah it was easily 500h+ just pure printing time, I remember having it print 24/7 for almost a month..
Another thing Korn, if there's no "pre-made" model for printing, there's a lot more work to be done. If you take the pepakura/game files, those models don't have "thickness" (they're like a sheet of paper) and that's not printable.
Another another thing is that those models (pep/game files) usually don't have a lot of details due to games using textures to make stuff pop, so if you wan't detail there's even more work to be done :) You'll also have to scale it and cut it in nice pieces for your printer.

If you're still going for it, just keep asking here and I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back