Need help with Silhouette SD: Not cutting all parts on pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeddychan

Hello,
I've been trying to get my silhouette SD to work with the pepakura designer for craftrobo, and some pages cut completely fine, and some dont cut out parts entirely. The machine just goes along cutting the parts out, and then stops like its done. And when I remove the page, some parts aren't finished.

Here's an example of the latest one I've done. Where its marked red it didn't cut.

GH9th.jpg

I have no idea what Im doing wrong, or whats causing this to happen. I thought this menu might be causing some of the problems, but at this point, I have no idea.

sDEa6.jpg

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

EDIT: turns out, whenever I change the dashed line settings from default to 0.039 & 0.039 , it stops working correctly. Im going to keep testing to see if anything else causes the same problems.

EDIT: apparently if the dashed line settings are too low, the craftrobo derps.
0.052 & 0.052 does not work, and 0.053 & 0.053 works.
Hopefully I dont encounter any more of this trouble when I try cutting stuff in the morning.

I've had the same thing happen using a Silhouette Cameo. Most of the time, everything gets cut out fine. Sometimes. . . I have a couple of parts where it didn't cut some of the lines. I haven't figured out what is causing it at this point either, because it is so sporadic. It may just be a common glitch with using the machines to cut them out or it could be an issue with the way the piece that is being cut out was unfolded. I've been searching and searching for a fix, but I haven't found one as of yet. If I find something for the Cameo, I'll let you know to see if it works with the SD also.

I had this problem awhile back, it has something to do with the program that converts it over for the Cameo or robo to cut it, and it just skips some things... I just run the page again and the piece gets cut the second time.

At least you guys are getting some stuff to cut. Mine sits dead after clicking OK to start cutting and nothing at all gets cut. Very frustrating to follow all the instructions exactly multiple times and each time the machine sits idle instead of starting to cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back