Need help with wearing shins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archerish

I'm currently working on making the shins for my Mjolnir Mk VI armour and I'm not sure how I'm actually going to wear them or attach them to the undersuit.
I might have scaled the pepakura files incorrectly, although the shin seems like it fits well there's no way I can put my foot through it when I attach the back of the shin.
I'm thinking I might have to do it in two parts and attach the back with magnets or something else, any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry if this is a stupid question or if I've posted it in the wrong place)

I'm currently working on making the shins for my Mjolnir Mk VI armour and I'm not sure how I'm actually going to wear them or attach them to the undersuit.
I might have scaled the pepakura files incorrectly, although the shin seems like it fits well there's no way I can put my foot through it when I attach the back of the shin.
I'm thinking I might have to do it in two parts and attach the back with magnets or something else, any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry if this is a stupid question or if I've posted it in the wrong place)
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask! For shins, I like to put elastic straps either on the inside or the outside, with their resting point being where the two halves of the shin armor meet. That way, you can put your foot through them and they pull apart, but as soon as your foot is through they spring back to their "closed" form. I'm not sure exactly how it would work with Mark VI shins, but this is what I did for my Marine (just with the straps on the outside)

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask! For shins, I like to put elastic straps either on the inside or the outside, with their resting point being where the two halves of the shin armor meet. That way, you can put your foot through them and they pull apart, but as soon as your foot is through they spring back to their "closed" form. I'm not sure exactly how it would work with Mark VI shins, but this is what I did for my Marine (just with the straps on the outside)
That's a good idea! thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back