1st Build Need tips on first build of 3d printed Sidekick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan342

Starting off by saying sorry if this is posted in the wrong place its my first post and Im sure Ill get the hang of it soon

So I just ordered a galactic armory 3d printed sidekick kit and it will be the first 3d printed thing I have ever made, so my question to all of you is what is the build process like of 3d printed props and is there anything I SHOULD do that you didn't do on your first 3d print prop or the opposite of that anything I SHOULDN'T do that you did on your first 3d printed prop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230208_035357.png
    Screenshot_20230208_035357.png
    627.1 KB · Views: 75
Starting off by saying sorry if this is posted in the wrong place its my first post and Im sure Ill get the hang of it soon

So I just ordered a galactic armory 3d printed sidekick kit and it will be the first 3d printed thing I have ever made, so my question to all of you is what is the build process like of 3d printed props and is there anything I SHOULD do that you didn't do on your first 3d print prop or the opposite of that anything I SHOULDN'T do that you did on your first 3d printed prop
Test-fit everything first. If moving parts are tight, make sure no paint makes its way into those areas. If there is any evidence of stringing or whisps present, get rid of them with a hairdryer or heat gun, but DO NOT over-expose the part to the heat as some plastics will melt extremely easily. DO NOT use hot glue. Use either a 2-part epoxy or just regular superglue. If layer lines bother you, consider getting some filler primer and some wet sand paper. That's really all I can think of TBH. Other than the things I listed, It's basically just a model kit.

Before glueing, you will always want to sand the glue area first, make it dust free, and even clean the area with IPA (iso propyl alcohol) and let it dry. A rough surface gives glues a better bond than a smooth area. I've had great success using CA glue and 2 part epoxy to glue PLA printed parts together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back