Need To Find Mlg Episodes On Dvd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Hey all.

I wasn't sure where to put this thread as it is both a request for information AND a 'want-to-buy' question.

Some of you may know that I work for a licensed Halo gaming center. We've recently added a large video projection system so that spectators can watch multiplayer Halo 3 games in progress on a 10 foot screen from anywhere on our arcade floor. Unfortunately between game sessions our game coaches usually let it sit idle in the pregame lobby or at the Halo 3 main menu, which isn't terribly exciting to our customers.

I recently got the idea that it'd be pretty cool to play select episodes of MLG tournaments in between sessions and when our Halo 3 arena is not in use, both to attract players but also to initiate non-Halo 3 players. It just seems like it'd be a great promotional tool all around.

The problem I'm experiencing though is that MLG doesn't seem to be available in DVD format. I know that they've been broadcast on several networks (ESPN, USA), and that those episodes are available freely on the MLG website. I used to watch MLG championships on Comcast On-Demand before I switched to HD satellite service. But I can't seem to find season DVD's for sale anywhere on the web. :cautious:

So there's my dilemma: How can I get MLG episodes on DVD? Does anyone have an idea for this one? I'm afraid that if I don't find a solution soon that the idea is going to get axed. If they aren't commercially available (which is beginning to look pretty possible) I'll need to find a method of saving the streaming video's ... or trying to video capture the episodes when they air on TV in order to burn my own DVD's. The quality would need to be decent to project onto our big screen...

Ideas, anyone???

Many thanks,

-Sean

CAPTURE CARD powers activate yeah that was the nerdiest thing i have ever typed but if you get them on you computer from a capture card then DVD time

Well, Im not really good at this stuff, but i'll try for you! :)

Ok, If you could google "How to download Youtube videos." It should come up with a bunch of results, I forgot witch one it is since I did it a long time ago. Anyways you get this program that lets you download Internet videos straight to your computer hard drive. From there, you can convert it to .wmv . After that all you need to do is burn it to a dvd. Hope I helped.

box o crayons said:
here lets make it easy easy clicky and you might be able to ask some youtube videos creaters for the file

Thanks for your input guys. I think I found what I need.

On a whim I decided to ask some of my co-workers before leaving work today, and someone mentioned veoh.com. It has many video's that are usally only for streaming available for download. There aren't many of the Pro Circuit episodes on there, but they do have most of the ESPN Top 10 segments on there, in pretty good definition to boot!. I should be able to fill in the blanks elsewhere.

It's kinda wierd though that they aren't commercially available. Well, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back