Not open for further replies.
Plan for epicness

One set of these
th_DSCF0204.jpg

plus something like this
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnWjjOauGtF4ZLT_-HrQF5yVpimBOx6I7MHxYYE_Qp81zpU1jwQQ.jpg

a load of wires and one of these
install-threeway-switch-800x800.jpg

makes a Inter-Spartan and External Voice Communication System [ISEVCS].

Im loving the fancy colors used while pepping. Haha, and as for your electronics, radio shack has some pretty awesome looking switches and wiring so you wont have to use a wall light switch.

Im loving the fancy colors used while pepping. Haha, and as for your electronics, radio shack has some pretty awesome looking switches and wiring so you wont have to use a wall light switch.

Don't worry, I just grabbed that pic off Google images. :p
I'll use something alot more subtle for the build.

Man, I love your build! I might put together a mannequin to hold all my armor pieces in perspective like you did, that's a great idea!

The colored cardstock made me double take when I saw a hot pink thigh piece haha

Alrighty, it's been a while since I updated this thread. Pep progress has been slow, due to a visit from my parents and me beginning to hate the sight of cardstock.

Fear not, I haven't totally given up yet. Since my last post, I've finished the second CQC upper arm variant armour part and one of my boots. I could have done the other boot today, but my recent registration with Netflix rendered me prone on the coach all day. Will get it done tomorrow.

One more thing. I don't know if you, the reader have noticed from reading my rather long winded first post, but I'm not building this suit at home. Or in my home city. Or country for that matter. So I have a rather pressing problem, being how the hell do I get this suit home? The biggest USPS box you can get is only big enough for one thigh and would cost me $90 to send back. Any suggestions?

Note: wearing the suit through customs and then getting on a 7 hour flight to London, to have to go through security and an hour flight to Dublin is NOT a viable solution. No matter how funny it would be.

Additional Note: I need to get the suit from
Rehoboth Beach
DE
19971​
to
Dublin (anywhere in Dublin will do)
Co. Dublin
Republic of Ireland​

Why not just get a dog carrier or two, line it with some cheap foam, lock it up nice, and check it on your flight? Just an idea. I really like how those shoulders came out. Good luck.

Why not just get a dog carrier or two, line it with some cheap foam, lock it up nice, and check it on your flight? Just an idea. I really like how those shoulders came out. Good luck.

I've looked into the dog carrier idea. A "giant" size is about 40'' x 32'' x 30'', or something like that. Pretty damn big, but it'll set me back $250. Since I'll probably have no cause to re-use the carrier, that seems a bit much too much for a one off use. Does anyone know if you can rent them from anywhere? Thanks for the input. :)

In other news, I'm done pepping my helmet! The pepping stage is finally over! :D:D:D
Now to do a shed load of reading on how to resin and fibreglass this bad boy.

DSCF0224.jpg

th_DSCF0228.jpg

Wow, its looking great ! The multicolor pieces are really eyecatching.

By the way I love your mannequin, I need to get, buy or build one of these fast.

The plan was for me to go on Friday last week to Lowes, so I could buy a respirator and finally start to resin everything. Then Hurricane Irene came along and I spent the weekend in a storm shelter instead. :(
Now this week I have double shifts up to Wednesday, and am working til late Thursday afternoon. I'll try to get out to Lowes that evening, so I can spend all day Friday (my day off) resining. Knowing my luck though, that'll be the day that the volcano no one knew existed beneath Rehoboth Beach erupts. :eek
I'm getting frustrated about my lack of progress, and more than a little worried about how much I'll have done before I fly home next month (26th Sept).

dude im not even finished the friggin leg armour yet moving out though should give me more free time or possibly less, dont worry about not making progress rushing it will ruin all the beautiful pep work. oh and nice pics of hurricane irene i take it the armour survived!

dude im not even finished the friggin leg armour yet moving out though should give me more free time or possibly less, dont worry about not making progress rushing it will ruin all the beautiful pep work. oh and nice pics of hurricane irene i take it the armour survived!

Yeah, the armour's all honky dorey. There was no damage to the house at all. I haven't yet taken the pieces back out of the trash bags yet though, so they maybe a little squashed.

Bought my respirator today! Resining begins tomorrow! :D:D:D

So, I'm more that three hours into resining and I'm taking a break to make sure everything's dry. Totally resined both shins, 2/3 of one thigh and 1/3 of the other.

Some photos. I re purposed my "stick man" armour holder into a spit-fire-esque drying stand!

th_DSCF0249.jpg

th_DSCF0250-1.jpg

th_DSCF0251-1.jpg

th_DSCF0252-1.jpg

EDIT; I've now finished resining both shins, thighs, forearms, upper arms and boot heels. No Pics yet, I'll wait until I've done them all.

The resining is all done. Some warpage in some pieces, manly the ones I went a bit overboard on with the resin.

I do have a question though. It's been two days, the temperature has been over 60 Fahrenheit constantly and all my other pieces are fine. So why does my helmet still smell slightly?

Pics. Sorry I'm still a lousy photographer.

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0261.jpg

Nice work so far. I love the mannequin idea, and the colorful stock. For the helmet, just leave it outside a bit longer. Eventually it'll go away, especially if there's a good breeze. By the way, who's file did you use for the thigh?

Nice work so far. I love the mannequin idea, and the colorful stock. For the helmet, just leave it outside a bit longer. Eventually it'll go away, especially if there's a good breeze. By the way, who's file did you use for the thigh?

I'd like to able to leave it outside, but it's supposed to rain here all week. It hasn't yet though, and the humidity is still over 80%, so it'll probably happen soon. And I'm not the biggest fan of the idea of leaving the helmet out in the rain while I'm at work. :p

The thigh piece is by Forgedreclaimer (awesome guy). The details are in my first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back