First Name: Jared
Profession? Student?: Veteran
Favorite Hobby: Cosplay?
Favorite part of Halo: First version
Favorite Halo: First
Favorite Video Game: Halo?
Other Interests: Cosplay
What do you hope to learn here?: Tips on Cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: Getting there now?
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Star Trek Cosplay

What do you hope to learn here?: Tips on Cosplay

I think the few tips I have are more relevant to the LARP world, but can still apply here.

1. Start drinking water at least a day before any cosplay outing. Costumes can be hot and heavy. The last thing you want is to be dehydrated on the first day of a con. Start drinking water sooner if you intend to drink alcohol. And if you do drink alcohol, drink 1 full glass of water for every 2 drinks you have.

2. Do mundane things with everything on. This will help you get a feel for how armor is going to fit, what range of motion you have, and used to the weight of it. I have walked a mile in full chain-mail and plate to Taco Bell once. I recently did laundry while wearing the few bits of my ODST build that are wearable.

3. Practice your "character" in a mirror. Figure out how different movements and expectations will look with your kit on. Sure that head bob might look good with out a helmet on, but are you over doing it with the helmet?

4. Have fun. Cosplay is all about having fun, not who has the best more accurate more intricate costume. We are here to have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back