• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe So ;-)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlue

Yea I know what your thinking "Oh god not another one shot helmet-only thread :roll: ", but have no fear, TheBlue is here :elphie3: ! This is but a taste of the dark side ( of my armor, and if you played KOTOR, you know where that's from ;-) ) so look for more pieces in the future.

My armor is made of Cardstock forms with cardboard reinforcement, making it very strong. The visor is some clear plastic stuff I'm going to tint.

Enjoy:

armor018hu7.jpg

armor019fi5.jpg

armor020dm8.jpg

looks pretty good Blue. Im actually redoing mine because I didnt install the visor and when I resined it kinda made it lop sided....but I digress.

Looks really good, and thats a good idea with the reinforcement. Are you going to resin and glass it aswell ?

Re: New Papercraft Armor

TheBlue said:
Yea I know what your thinking "Oh god not another one shot helmet-only thread :roll: ", but have no fear, TheBlue is here :elphie3: ! This is but a taste of the dark side ( of my armor, and if you played KOTOR, you know where that's from ;-) ) so look for more pieces in the future.

My armor is made of Cardstock forms with cardboard reinforcement, making it very strong. The visor is some clear plastic stuff I'm going to tint.

Enjoy:

It looks great, I'd like to see you put a double visor on it. That would make it really nice!

But good job nonetheless! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I may resin it, but not glass it because it's expensive....But it is very strong as it is.

I'll get some shots of the inside up in a few days because I'm goin on a lake trip.

EDIT:

Dark,I'm gonna double visor it like Sean but alot cheaper. I'm going to Home Depot to get reflective window tint and make it shiny. Then I will probably paint it. The helmet, I mean.

EDITACULAR:

The yellow and orange crap is glue, FYI, just in case you didn't know.

Polyurethane? No, sorry. I used Elmer's Ultimate glue to put the cardboard in, then I used some sealent glue on the outside to fill in gaps and holes.

Its some plastic from a Poster frame I found in my attic. It is hard as mess to cut, even with and X-acto :evil: . But it's flexible and clear.

Does anyone have the template for the double visor?

I tried to freehand it and it fell apart :roll:

Hate to double post, but that's the only way to update so here it is:

I did your idea, Dark, the dual layer visor...umm it didn't turn out perfect but I think it will be fine for now.

Here it is:

armor022se1.jpg

armor024kd2.jpg

And heres a shot of the inside :eek

armor026tl3.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

-TheBlue

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

It's nothing even close to BlueRealm or Sean, but once I tint it, it should look alot better.

Looks great. I'm starting mine tomorrow. What type of glue did you glue each jigsaw piec together with? Also, after you prit how do you know which lines are valley and which are mountain. please help before tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back