New To Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriftStar

Hello!

My name is DriftStar. I've never really dabbled in Halo before since I grew up with the Nintendo GameCube and Sony Playstation 2.

It wasn't until a few months ago when I caught one of my friends streaming Halo:CE on Twitch called AliasComrade. Since he was going on a marathon to stream the entire main series I stuck around and immediately got hooked. There's something fascinating about the lore and the different species that you encounter. I've never played a Halo game before unless the Fireteam Raven arcade-machine counts. I've read most of Halo Mythos and a comic called Collateral Damage. I'm familiar with Halo 2, 3, ODST, and snippets of what I've seen of other games. The Master Chief Collection will be the first time for me to properly own a Halo game. (Well, 5 games at once to be honest.)

I thought it was fun to make a thread and see if I could talk to other fans of Halo, both veterans and new fans. I'm looking to make friends to play with that have similar interests to me. To start things off, here are my general misconceptions about the Halo franchise before I became familiar to it.

1. I believed that Master Chief was a silent protagonist.
2. I frequently confused Master Chief for the Doom Slayer.
3. I didn't know the Halo theme-song was the Halo theme-song since I only heard it in memes.
4. I didn't know Halo had a story. I firmly believed it was "Shüt bad alien men" and that's it.
5. I thought the Arbiter was an OC.
6. I incorrectly predicted that the Arbiter would be a one-time appearance and would die in Halo 2.
7. I didn't know that Halo: ODST existed, but I did know that one of the novels mentioned that the Sangheili do, in fact, have tongues.
8. I didn't believe my friend when he told me that Chief's actual name is "John". I still can't help but doubt it.
9. I thought Master Chief and Cortana were a couple/married.
10. My friend also wants to smooch the Elites even though all of the alien species in Halo look like shriveled potatoes.

If I can remember more I'll talk about it.

I have not at all dabbled in cosplay before, though I have bought a costume of Master Chief for Halloween at a store called Spirit Halloween. (The box was very beaten up), but I do want to consider actually working on a costume.

Welcome to the 405th! This was very entertaining to read since some thoughts wernt very far out from mine when I first drove into the franchise. Have fun, especially that halo reach is coming to the mcc now, you are going to have a blast. The lore is absolutly extensive, to where there is so much of it, it is sometimes too much! Welcome to the 405th! :)

You sound like a lot of people I have talked to whenever I talked about Halo since many here also have been a playstation / Nintendo player their whole life.

Either way , welcome to the 405th and the entire halo fandom . It is very big and extensive ( like what xXDashIVXx said ) and has been 18 years . But we fanboys are still going strong

You sound like a lot of people I have talked to whenever I talked about Halo since many here also have been a playstation / Nintendo player their whole life.

Either way , welcome to the 405th and the entire halo fandom . It is very big and extensive ( like what xXDashIVXx said ) and has been 18 years . But we followers and fanpeople are still going strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back