New to here =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzY CH13F

hello im new duh! anyway i saw a video on youtube about someone making an ODST helmet and i was like woah, so thats how i found this website, i would really know how to make props etc so thats why i am here.

well i downloaded pepakura and the Spartan helmet and scalled it to my size i hope so now just need to print it off and get some card, and other stuff.

Well have fun making your armor. Im almost done with mine. Been working on it for 1 1/2 weeks and im one piece away from fiberglassing.

i know this is in the FAQ but could i get away with just resining the outisde first then when i can get fibre glass or would it be easier to do it all at once once every is dry first though.

you can resin the outside, and then wait an indefinate period of time to fiberglass the inside, nothing "bad" will hapen to you armor...

But if you do not fiberglass it, it will be weaker, and may be prone to stress cracks from wearing it....

If you don't plan on wearing it, a layer of resin on the outside should be plenty strong

well i've printed out the nets onto paper and now im cutting them out, just one problem on some folds they are rly small flaps should i use extra paper to ge them to join?

First, if you are the last person to post in a topic, please don't reply to your own post, edit your previous post... people around here are more likely to help you if you follow the forum rules... Thanks... I am not a moderator, I am just looking out for a new guy...

There is no definate answer as to the best method for securing the flaps, but my suggestion would be to use a fast curing glue... Super glue and hot glue are fasting curing... and Elmers if you do it right... as for little flaps, use less glue... no real need to make your flaps bigger unless you absolutley have to...

sorry for double posting but it wasn't in the view new posts section so i wouldn't have known if someone would look at this thread anyway, so superglue is it then, will it make the paper buckle or warp though?

CrAzY CH13F said:
sorry for double posting but it wasn't in the view new posts section so i wouldn't have known if someone would look at this thread anyway, so superglue is it then, will it make the paper buckle or warp though?

Nope not at all, take a look at the pics in my gallery all the helms were put together with super glue. No warping at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
if i can't find any super glue il go buy some tomorrow, anyway once that is done just some layers of resin to go other, because i live in the UK do you know any resin that would be good for the outside?

I am not familiar enough with the UK to for certain tell you what would be good there or not... lol... but any Fiberglass Resin will work on top of the card stock piece...

well for the first helmet i've cut out the net from paper so is it still a good idea or should i place the paper on card?

I printed directly onto card stock... as for the plain paper, when you try and resin this, as many have... it will sang and deform in places... kind of disapointing to see such hard work cutting an folding ruined by 20 minutes of resin application...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back