New To The "game"

Status
Not open for further replies.

textex

Jr Member
Well, i may not be new to the Prop buisness, but i am faaaaaar from my usual materials with these armors. so, i need to know any usefull tips u guys can spare, such as materials, methods, and any thing else usefull u can spare. My 1st project is going to be an ODST armor set, with a BR or AR. I know im suposed to use card stock for the basic make up, then resin it, paint it, then fiber glass it, but i dont know the exact order after the "finished basic construction" phase. Im also trying to make a grey tinted visor for the helmet, but i dont know how to make a custom visor, some one sugested i melt down pop bottles and press em in a custom made mold, made from one of these pepakura things... but the last time i tried to melt plastics (see through part trees from my gundam kits, for beam efects) it ended in a small explosion, and the loss of one and a half of my eye brows. (dont ask how.... i don't rly know my self....) So ANY help u more experianced guys can give will b greatly apreciated.

I don't have any tips myself as I am not very experienced, but read the stickies. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. They will help you tremendously.

Stickies stickies stickies. After fiberglassing, the usual operation is to use bondo auto body filler to smooth out any lumpy or pointy parts into nice curves (where curves are needed) and add detail by adding/cutting Bondo, and sand until smooth. After that, a coat of primer and paint and you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back