New To This Armor Making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiberglass will stick to just about anything. Try reading the stickies for armor help, or asking the QA team if you have any questions not covered in the stickies

Boryenko said:
Paper Mache is not recemended because it tends to warp.
so its not reccommend ok whats another option i heard about pepraka but is it hard to do

Last edited by a moderator:
jackopalkia said:
so its not reccommend ok whats another option i heard about pepraka but is it hard to do

Depending on your skill, if you're a natural or a learner through failure. And it also depends on the pepakura model itself, if its High Definition or just standard. Go with the less detailed models first, so you get some practise! Then you can go over to the more detailed ones. Use 110lbs Cardstock when putting together the pieces. ;) You will read more about pepakura in the "Creation Discussion" Area.

Pepakura, and actually it's not really that hard. In my opinion pepakura is your easiest option to make armor.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Depending on your skill, if you're a natural or a learner through failure. And it also depends on the pepakura model itself, if its High Definition or just standard. Go with the less detailed models first, so you get some practise! Then you can go over to the more detailed ones. Use 110lbs Cardstock when putting together the pieces. ;) You will read more about pepakura in the "Creation Discussion" Area.
would it mater if i live in aus by the way im 14 soooo im learning to build stuff might need help with fiber glass though ;)

I don't think it really makes a difference, it may just be a bit more difficult to get materials. Also, your age doesn't really matter, just make sure your parents buy the resin and always wear a repirator.

jackopalkia said:
would it mater if i live in aus by the way im 14 soooo im learning to build stuff might need help with fiber glass though ;)

I don't know, but as the Pepakura program itself you can Download it for free, anywhere in the world.
For Cardstock, go to an office supply store, and ask for 220 grams paper/110 pound Cardstock. They are the same thing, just different names.
For Fiberglass and Polyurethane Resin, go to automotive store, they sell it there. When handling with Resin, always have parental supervision, and for your own health's sake: USE A RESPIRATOR THAT NEUTRALIZES FUMES AND ORGANIC VAPOURS, RESIN FUMES ARE VERY TOXIC. USE GOGGLES AND DISPENSABLE GLOVES TO PROTECT EYES AND SKIN. Take this very seriously, Resin is not to be underestimated. Whatever other people say, always use a respirator.

You can read the stickies and use the Q&A Team. We also have others in AUS so you could always contact them by PM on the best places to buy supplies. The visor would be a motorcycle visor - gold iridium - also answered in the stickies.

They are at the top of each of the forums. They have a little bell by them. Read the ones that deal with pepakura and scaling your armor first. Then read the others.

It depends on your abilities. The low definition versions are much easier than the high definition ones. Read the stickies and look at some of the pepakura files to determine what you think you can build. High def takes longer than low def. If you would like to continue asking questions such as the above, use your messenger and PM a member of the Q&A team such as myself or any of the others. We will help you as much as possible but we won't hold your hand (no one here will). You need to determine if you can devote the time, effort, and money to making a nice set of armor first. Then we can help you. Read the stickies, look at other threads, then PM the Q&A.

Mods please lock this since it should have never been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back