Newbie needs help, paintball suitable armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deetinator

Hey, I'm new and don't know crap about this, I just want to make full body (minus helm) armor that looks good but is durable enough to survive a 6 hour scenario paintball game. I need to know ANYTHING ya'll can tell me, including materials, design, adhesives, everything.

Also, I don't really care that much about this, but also transform an A-5 into an AR or BR? Thanks.

I tell this to all, It isnt worth spending around 200 dollars making armor then ruining it and smashing it by paintballing.

Armor isnt armor, it's a costume, it's meant for showing off, not it's durability.

AoBfrost said:

I tell this to all, It isnt worth spending around 200 dollars making armor then ruining it and smashing it by paintballing.

Armor isnt armor, it's a costume, it's meant for showing off, not it's durability.

Not necessarily. He may really really want to play in it. It is true though....that's a lot of money to just want it for playing, but.....

Fiberglass. It'll work, but you GOTTA add extra layers of cloth and resin. I did this to a sword of mine, and the durability is awesome. You may be saying, "yeah but, paintball is rough". I know, I know. We're talking in excess of 200 fps, and on a cold day it's gonna damage the armor easier. Shouldn't matter. I've played paintball and airsoft, and I think pep with about 3 laters of fiberglass cloth and resin should do the trick. It still might crack on the outside though, since only resin is there. Dunno....

As an interesting side note, I have a plaster cast of my body made out of plaster tape/bandages that I made a year ago. I decided I wanted it to go out the fun way, so we took it out back and pumped tons of rounds into it with my paintball and airsoft guns. From about 10 feet away, it uh.....didn't do anything. I've got a 180 fps paintball gun and a 315 fps airsoft pistol if that gives you reference. So....yeah. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back