Noble 6 Hemlet Build - Take Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFreeze128

Hey Everyone!
I've been off the site for a while now and I've been going through a lot of stuff, I just got out of rehab for ED and just discovered my second ear surgery failed again so…it's been rough.

But what way to feel better than build some armor? :)

I started a new noble six helmet made by jtm1997 and unfolded by mkshane 81 (thanks!) and i made 3, one i started making and thought it was too small so started one that was a little bigger and then after making both they were actually too big. Now I have three, and the third came out just right. I've already started the fiberglassing stage so here are some pics of the pepped helmet I made.

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• imagejpg2.jpg
    imagejpg2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 169
  • imagejpg1.jpg
    imagejpg1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 174
Hey everyone! sorry if it looks like I'm double posting i'm really not. I just have a new update I'd like to share.
So I've finished the resin and fiberglass and now currently working on the bondo stage. I still have a long way to go, the bondo needs to be sanded down more. I was worried about how the engraved part on the top of the helmet but i have a small file that has a point and just dug out the line. the newspaper is in the helmet to help take away the smell. it halfway worked I need to do it again I think so it doesn't smell so much.

imagejpg1-1.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg

imagejpg2-1.jpg

Thanks for Reading!

Attachments

• imagejpg3.jpg
    imagejpg3.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 178
  • imagejpg2-1.jpg
    imagejpg2-1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 171
  • imagejpg1-1.jpg
    imagejpg1-1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 172
Hey everyone! been a while since I've made an update. I've been working all summer and didn't have time to really work on it so I made myself begin the process again because I was getting sort of frustrated with it. I was bondoing and sanding and i wasn't getting anywhere. I first used the blue painters tape to help separate the helmet into sections so it wouldn't seem as tedious and then things got better and I'm getting it into the shape I would like it to be. Thanks to Zaff and all his help I'm getting on the right track with this. Thanks for reading! feedback is greatly appreciated!

Also sorry about the picture quality I took these pictures before work…I'll have a better set of pics next time :D

imagejpg1-2.jpg

imagejpg2-2.jpg

imagejpg6.jpg

imagejpg3-1.jpg

imagejpg5.jpg

imagejpg8.jpg

imagejpg7.jpg

Great job!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Thanks! Always great to have encouraging feedback!

I have another update, sorry about the previous post I messed up and now I can't delete it.
But since last time I painted my helmet so could see how it looked with the paint on it (advice from Zaff, thank you again!) and I had more work to do. so I started to sand a little bit and i decided to order spot putty. I haven't used it before but it seems necessary because of all the holes that are in it. Then I started to make major changes and now I've got it right about where I want it!

imagejpg2-3.jpg

I don't know if you can see it, but on this side the ear piece got flattened when I fiberglassed it and I couldn't reshape it
imagejpg1-3.jpg

I wanted it to look more like this side instead
imagejpg3-2.jpg

imagejpg4-1.jpg

The top looks a little messy too but I'm going to work on that!
imagejpg5-1.jpg

and tadaa!!! My reshaped earpiece, it still looks irregular but I'll work on it again my hands are just dry and cracked from sanding so much!
imagejpg6-1.jpg

In this picture you can see they are the relatively the same shape now :D
imagejpg8-1.jpg

Thanks for reading!!!

Attachments

• imagejpg1-3.jpg
    imagejpg1-3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 168
  • imagejpg3-2.jpg
    imagejpg3-2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 190
  • imagejpg4-1.jpg
    imagejpg4-1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 177
  • imagejpg2-3.jpg
    imagejpg2-3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 161
  • imagejpg6-1.jpg
    imagejpg6-1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 173
  • imagejpg8-1.jpg
    imagejpg8-1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 173
  • imagejpg5-1.jpg
    imagejpg5-1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 188
UPDATE!
Hey everyone! it's been a while since i've updated this thread but I had a lot of shifts this week at work so I didn't have much time to work on it. But anyway I recently bought some spot putty and pretty much covered all the digs there are…which was pretty much everywhere haha. Then I did my final sanding and now I'm done! All I need to do it paint and get a visor. Thanks for reading!

imagejpg5-2.jpg

imagejpg2-4.jpg

imagejpg4-2.jpg

imagejpg1-4.jpg

imagejpg3-3.jpg

imagejpg5-2.jpg

imagejpg5-2.jpg

imagejpg2-4.jpg

imagejpg4-2.jpg

imagejpg1-4.jpg

imagejpg3-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: