Non Halo: First Wooden Prop (buster Sword)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodwaker

Jr Member
So My dad and his friend just finished redoing our backyard deck and he had all kinds of cured wood in our backyard. So I decided to make something out of it. I've barley had any experience with wood except for shop in 7th and 8th grade so please even know it's not that detailed yet try not to make this :) into a :(. Thanks!

Progress

Materials- Done, cut out and put together.

Wooden Sword- Done, put pieces together.

Handel tape and effects- None yet.

Cut out materia holes- Not done yet either..

Paint- Need to buy still.

looks good. but im going to go out a limb and say you should redo the the blade, with no thicker than 3/4in plywood... the handle doesnt look like its going to be strong enough to hold up that thick wooden blade when it is swung about...

have you seen the replicas of the buster sword? my bro has one and its very heavy...

the materia holes look to small, there like the size of a pool ball...i think... but then again it seems the size is always changing. because Aries had a neckless with materia on it. but then other times they look bigger. but on the replicas the wholes are pretty big.

Actually I have a good saw Where I could just shave some wood off of the blade and center it better. But it's not that heavy with 2 hands it feels like a good 12 pounds its not the bad but with 1 hand it feels like 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back