NOOB wat to do next

Status
Not open for further replies.

halomaster16

hey guys im working on my halo costume some of u knw im 13 but look leik an adult cause im 5'8 so its not a big problem lol but im working on the helmet first so where im at is i got the cut outs and printed it then i clued them on cardboard and cut them out so soon imma put it all together but im jw wat do i do next after i put the peices all together thnks for helping

Gah! Periods! Use periods! Don't they teach punctuation in school anymore? ;)

After you've got the helmet all together, make sure it fits you. Then start on the other parts of the armor. Make sure those fit you, too (don't do everything all at once without making sure you've got the scaling right on each piece). Feel free to take in or let out where you need to, that's what's cool about pepakura. Then reinforce it with fiberglass, or more cardboard if that route is unavailable to you. Fill in the cracks with Bondo or spackle, sand, detail, paint!

hahah lol they dont relly teach us puntiation i dont think they do but idc i dont listen to it lol ok thnks so once im done with the cardboard model dont i fiberglass it then i heard u put clay over it then primer and paint it and then done rite if not correct me plzz lol

I believe the clay is for molds - for casting, which you're not doing, so don't worry about clay.

Once you've got the armor parts built with cardstock/cardboard, you're going to want to coat the outside with fiberglass resin. NOT the actual fiberglass, which is the shiny silver cloth. Resin is the brownish stuff that sticks to everything. The resin will harden your armor pieces so you can fiberglass them without causing them to warp. After the resin dries (give it a day), fiberglass the inside. Here's the tutorial for that, and a second one, too. Everything you need is in there!

oooo ok thanks i get it now and after the last fiberglas i primer it and paint it and trie to scuff it up lol yea i was wondering how the clay would work cause it would be way to heavy on a person

halomaster16 said:
hahah lol they dont relly teach us puntiation i dont think they do but idc i dont listen to it lol ok thnks so once im done with the cardboard model dont i fiberglass it then i heard u put clay over it then primer and paint it and then done rite if not correct me plzz lol

Here's a quick lesson. Capitals at the start of sentences, periods at the end. When you're talking about yourself and say I, it is also capitalized.

I don't know... I blame cell phones for the way people attempt to communicate these days. Too lazy to type out a full word, or even attempt to spell anything correctly.

And please (not plzz) try to use apostrophe's.

Doing these things will make people more willing to help you, and will make it easier for them to understand what you are attempting (but failing) to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just going to laugh that you resurected a 3 week old, dead post for a lesson on the lack of grammar in forum posts. I agree with you about posting with no punctuation, you could use it... but to find a post this old, just to rant about grammer... come now, did your english teacher rap your knuckles for not capitalizing pro nouns? Just a friendly jab at the ribs of another member is all, don't be offended..

Spase said:
I am just going to laugh that you resurected a 3 week old, dead post for a lesson on the lack of grammar in forum posts. I agree with you about posting with no punctuation, you could use it... but to find a post this old, just to rant about grammer... come now, did your english teacher rap your knuckles for not capitalizing pro nouns? Just a friendly jab at the ribs of another member is all, don't be offended..

Whoops, didn't realize it was old... I was looking at new threads, and at the same time I was searching for the word spackle, to see if there was any discussion on using it rather then bondo, and this thread came up... I accidentally got it confused with the new threads ;) Didn't intend on the necromancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either way, I got big Smiles.... I always wonder what people were doing.. if that was intentional or accidental... it still made me smile...

In a forum you are most likely to see me using a conversational type form... no periods or punctuation really, an occasional coma, just pauses in though or speach indicated by "....", but total lack of punctuation is so difficult to read, its like listening to the guy from India read to me from his help manual how to trouble shoot my Dell... you have to seriously concentrate on what the person is saying, and then when your done, you realize you concentrated on making it out so hard, you missed the point and you have to read it again.... terrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back