Noobs first build(s) all WIP H3 MKVI Dead Eye & more

Status
Not open for further replies.
So another small bit of progress. Got 2 ab/cod pieces done. Credit and thanks to mawrTRON for the templates, made these pretty simple. I have 1 more to build as my 2 kids have a close friend that would like a spartan suit as well so I figure eh what's one more build right? Don't know when I'll ever get to my own build again. See what you guys and gals have started?
So here are the abs got a little crazy with the heat gun on a spot. I've have also printed out the spine template so hope to get going on those as well.
IMG_0094.JPG

And a little more progress on the dead eye helm. Hopefully next update this will be all printed. My wife has a phobia of my printer and unattended prints after reading some horror stories online. So progress is slow on the printing.
IMG_0091.JPG

Last edited:
I know the feeling......great job on the cod piece. You welcome for the tip on the resizing in PDF.....also, I would invest in a knife sharpener. I have been using the same 2-3 different blades (for different types of cuts) for over a month. And we all know how dull blades get from cutting foam. 7-10 buck sharpener will save you a ton on new blades.

BEHOLD!!! My first printed piece of armor. Well......not mine, my sons, but Dad does all the work ;) Not super detailed but the kids like it and my modeling skills are quite limited. Still have a lot of filling and sanding to do but it's all printed!!
IMG_0187.JPG IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0186.JPG
So sadly I think this will be my last build post in this thread. My MKVI is going to be retired, it wasn't as good as I would like it to be. I got a lot of scaling on the small side and have gained about 40lbs since the start of the project. I have learned so much and I know I can do better. So I will be starting a new build sometime this year. I will also be starting a new build thread for my 3 builds for the kids once I get a little more progress. So keep and eye out for Spitfire Company (y)

Looks great! I don't know what it is, besides a helmet of course, but it looks great. I no longer fit either into any of the costumes I've made for myself, and the kid grows faster than I can make armor for him, so we've decided to hold off on building anything until all the parts are ready for printing - then we'll size them all at the same time. Good luck on the new build!

Looks great! I don't know what it is, besides a helmet of course, but it looks great. I no longer fit either into any of the costumes I've made for myself, and the kid grows faster than I can make armor for him, so we've decided to hold off on building anything until all the parts are ready for printing - then we'll size them all at the same time. Good luck on the new build!
Thanks RobotChicken it is the H5 Deadeye helmet printed in 16 pieces. I will most likely only be printing the helmets for the kids and doing the rest in foam. So I'm hoping to get my act together and hammer theae 3 out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back