Nooooooo!!!!!!! The red ring of death!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think that with all these failures (most of them being solder joints going bad), that the OEM's would wise up and start using leaded solder again.

yah true, everyone is saying if you get the RRoD just wack it on the side, does that really work?

I know they aren't allowed to use leaded solder, but it does solve a LOT of hardware failure problems. When I heard that leaded solder was going to be replaced with that RoHS crap, I bought all the rolls of leaded solder I could find. I still have about 3 dozen rolls.

Uhm... well, if you need any more, they still sell it here and there's no end in sight :)

I'm not really sure about the law. I have aleady been victim to such a defect as well, but I'm generally a friend of more healthy or environment friendly materials/products and I think that this can be... "encouraging" for the industry to find better solutions instead of sticking to the old stuff forever.

I am supposedly getting the new xbox with kinect for christmas. Has anyone heard of the new xbox's rrod'ing? I sure hope not because I think there are also four or five games coming along with said present. I just hope one of them is reach,lol!

Uhm... well, if you need any more, they still sell it here and there's no end in sight :)

I'm not really sure about the law. I have aleady been victim to such a defect as well, but I'm generally a friend of more healthy or environment friendly materials/products and I think that this can be... "encouraging" for the industry to find better solutions instead of sticking to the old stuff forever.

well i hope we could still use that kinda stuff and like you said try to make better stuff to use so we don't have to always use all the old stuff

I am supposedly getting the new xbox with kinect for christmas. Has anyone heard of the new xbox's rrod'ing? I sure hope not because I think there are also four or five games coming along with said present. I just hope one of them is reach,lol!

the new xbox 360 has a better cooling system and more fans inside to keep dust off some of the stuff on the inside and it is said that the nex 360 doesn't get the rrod :)

the new xbox 360 has a better cooling system and more fans inside to keep dust off some of the stuff on the inside and it is said that the nex 360 doesn't get the rrod :)

I think I read something about them taking out the whole LED-ring-assembly. If they really did that, it's kind of obvious why the RROD can't happen anymore... that would be smart marketing, wouldn't it? Put the LEDs on the back or something and advertise the exact same device as "RROD-free" ;-)

I think I read something about them taking out the whole LED-ring-assembly. If they really did that, it's kind of obvious why the RROD can't happen anymore... that would be smart marketing, wouldn't it? Put the LEDs on the back or something and advertise the exact same device as "RROD-free" ;-)

SHHHH!!!! Don't give 'em any ideas.

I hope that is the case.

haha i little tip:) right when u get the red ring. remove the cord connected to the power box from the box. it should fix the red ring:) ive had it 5 times and my friends have had it, but this fixes it.

sorry for double post
Merry Christmas! I got kinect and i got a new xbox but it isn't the new NEW xbox 360, the one i got is pro and it came with a black controler :D

sorry for double post but i got a new xbox 360 pro not the new NEW xbox but hey it is better and it came with a black controller here is a pic

PICT0341.jpg

hey everyone, i have something cool to show :D
this is my mancave

PICT0350.jpg

ok on the left is the rrod xbox and the right is the new 36-0 pro that i got for christmas, with kinect in the middle, guitar hero on the floor, original xbox to the far left, dvd player underneath (not blue ray) a bunch of games on the original xbox and next to the pro, pretty good sized tv, and a newish dvd player on the floor raped up in chords :)
well that is all just wanted to show this :)

and sorry again for all the posts but yet again the new xbox got the rrod, the second time =( really mad, i turned it on and played for 5 minutes and the screen turned all staticy and weird looking so i jjust turned off the tv and the xbox and when i turned the xbox back the red flashing light came up, i don't know what to do with the xbox and it's stupid red ring of death, i really hate the xbox sometimes

nope, it's the 1 red ring, E 74 and it freezes a lot, all of these are different problems that can happen to the xbox and i have 3 out of like 5 =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back