North Carolina new recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vadaeamoga85

Hello everyone! I'm fairly new around here and been wanting a suit of spartan armor since halo 1 all them years ago! What would be the easiest foam tutorials to follow to make a suit? Thanks in advance! I love everyone on this forums work!

I'm sure our veteran members would know of a tutorial thread or two but, for the most part its just make it up as you go. The pepakura templates are rather straight forward. I would try finding JayLuvLL and read his Felix build.

I would add that you should try using contact cement rather then hot-glue, much cheaper in the long run (you don't want to know how much I spent on hot-glue alone with my build).

If I were you, I would look on YouTube. Before I started my first suit I pretty much lived on YouTube looking at foam builds. I would recommend looking at Punished Props, he is completely EVA foam but not completely halo stuff. It's a good reference for how to get certain things done when working with foam that you can apply to your build. Also check out Evil Ted Smith. He has these "tricks of the trade" videos that lay out pretty much everything you will need to know to get started.

If your heart is set on building a Spartan I understand, but also if you look at Andrew DFT on YouTube he has cheap templates you can buy from Etsy and he has a video of every step of every piece of armor. For sure I know there is a marine and he just did an ODST. Its a great starting point in my opinion.

Good Luck!

Welcome Spartan!
I just moved to NC and am mostly done with my own first build.

I did a bunch of reading on the stickied threads in the new comer's forum and then found that Spacemeatthecosplay is a very big help on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back